Bike maintanance

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike maintanance

Hey guys, I'm not new to this site but this is my first post. I own a "05" 1000 rr( sweet bike) my situation is I'm from the caribbean but I live and work in the united states my bike is back in the caribbean I don't go home too often maybe twice a year for like 2 to 3 weeks at a time. In terms of maintanance,how should I store and maintain my bike ? should I take out the batteries and drain the oil ?should the rear wheels be put on a stand.Someone mention I should have someone start the bike every once and a while but I really don't trust anyone with my baby. Its parked in my grandma's garage I thinks she's afraid of it so asking her is out of the question .I know these are simple maintanance solutions so shoot away with your expertise on this guys. thanks!

Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Default RE: Bike maintanance

Fill with fresh gas & oil , lift the wheels off the ground and buy a Battery Tender and some STA-BIL

Old 11-21-2006, 05:21 AM
Default RE: Bike maintanance

That's something we should do in Finland every year.
Batteries away, tank should be full and I recommend to put some preservative among gas. And run engine for a time, for preservative will get everywhere.
Fresh oil is a good thing, naturally.

It is not needed to start bike. It's not bad if that happens, but not necessary. I have done it only once and I have had bike 4 years??

Here in Finland we can ride only 5-7 monts/year..