Another ticket for fender eliminator!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another ticket for fender eliminator!!

damned..i juz got booked this m'ning for not having the oem rear mudguard!! hate the cops..argh!! S$70 bucks gone!![:@]

Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Default RE: Another ticket for fender eliminator!!

wow...what state are you in? I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for that, at least not here in AZ

Old 06-01-2006, 01:11 AM

I'm from the sunny island state of Singapore!! Its a FINE city!!

Old 06-01-2006, 01:23 AM

Now you got me thinking, I need to check here, I already have my kit on order and would hate to have to pay for again and again; guess i'd better check with the man here in AZ; if anyone is from AZ and has the answer for me, let me know

Old 06-01-2006, 01:50 AM

You guys got me laughing!!! HA HA HA. Heck where I am. i ride with no fender, no registration plate!!! if the cops do stop me. cost me US$5 to stop him asking questions about my registration plate!!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 10:01 AM

Florida Law states the tag has to be visable from the rear from 100'. I think thats typical in most of the United States.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the BikeLitez one that mounts under the battery box and it hides the tag pretty much. I got pulled over last week and the Oklahoma State Trooper didn't even say boo about it.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: AZ1000rr

Now you got me thinking, I need to check here, I already have my kit on order and would hate to have to pay for again and again; guess i'd better check with the man here in AZ; if anyone is from AZ and has the answer for me, let me know

Arizona plate requirements

They typical FE kits are fine as long as they don't hide the plate under the tail section, or orient it in such a manner to make it hard to read.

Old 06-01-2006, 08:21 PM

thanks...looks like i'm going with an under the exhaust mount anyway....competition werkes sent me an email that their LTD kit is backordered....doing my exhaust and tailight integrator mid june when they get here so I really can't wait...guess I will be legal....was hoping to avoid the photo radar traps on the 101; just side note for those of you not from AZ; the city of scottsdale put up a series of permanent radar traps along the freeway (yes I said a freeway); one about ever mile for a 10 mile stretch; they take front and back photos of anyone going 71 mph; fines start at $150....really sucks....was a nice stretch of freeway with long sweepers

Old 06-01-2006, 10:16 PM

That bites. I got hassled twice by cops here in Toronto last month. Fortunately no ticket...but warnings to "make my plate more visible". I have the Competion Werkes kit...and can't figure out what they are talking about...the plate is very visible at all anlges.

Seltorque...I like the $5 system in Thailand. Sh*t I would pay $20 when stopped to make leave me alone [&o]

Quick Reply: Another ticket for fender eliminator!!