Another MPG question!

Old 07-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another MPG question!

what can I do to change my MPG?
after reading the threads about miles per gallon I realized that I wasn't getting enough miles as everyone else. I did my break in like a lot of people do trying to stay of the same contionuos RPM's but I'm only getting about 20 miles per gallon city/highway about 100 on a full tank.
does anyone has this as an average?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 AM
Default RE: Another MPG question!

I did my break in like a lot of people do trying to stay of the same contionuos RPM's
this is the biggest mistake ever m8... who said that? who will reply this thread with same complain, most probably they broke-in their bikes as you did. it is very long story, better search on the net yourself as Chainstrecher will crack his whip chain on me again [:@]

Did I do my break in wrong?
can I change that.
you didn't ask it here, so i can't answer

Old 07-24-2006, 10:04 AM

I posted about MPG but It really doesnt matter to me in $.I broke my bike in right and its fast,my MPG isnt the best but I didnt buy the bike to take grandma to church services. My only concern about MPG is keeping on top of your fuel in your tank.You dont want to get involved in something and have to give it up because your low fuel light came on.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:58 AM

i rode this weekend from gainesville to clearwater on the interstate and i think i had a pretty good mpg. filled it up to almost the brim and then did between 80 and 130 mph on the interstate and the fill up light didnt come on till i got just over 105 miles into the trip. hope that helps

Old 07-24-2006, 07:35 PM

that'a pretty much what I'm getting.
I just filled up my tank to the limits today. I put 3.7 gallons after my light came on.
I will keep on top of my miles city/hwy to see my average.
hopefully I get more than 105 miles.

If I don't can I do something about it??

Old 07-25-2006, 10:55 AM

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...-38-FIT-1.html Do you think it will damage your engine

Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 AM

i think if u wanna get ur mpg up then try keepin it under the 6 or 7k when that extra set of injectors comes on. i tend to keep it just below 6k when im ridin in the city so i can get better mileage and also if i need to get outa the way of an idiot driver i got that extra torque just itchin to explode. it does take some practice wit ur wrist of keepin it just below that lil line of extra boost but it does tend to help. i notice tho that i dont get nearly as many miles as i do when im ridin in the city do to all the stop and go's and traffic.
hope it helps

Old 07-25-2006, 11:11 AM

http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/pro...rts/index.html Little better description.Says it improves MPG,I dont think it will fitt in gas tank openning

Old 07-25-2006, 05:37 PM

Snake oil.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:42 PM

2nd set of injectors kick in at just over 5k rpm (unless you've remapped the computer)

I get about 35 mpg in the city with lots of stop and go driving, +1 on keeping the rpms down, no real need to rev up; i can do 75 mph at just over 5k rpm;

IMO how you break the bike in has little to do with the mileage, how you ride makes the dif; accelerate like a mad man and poor gas mileage is your reward, beyond a mech probl, i can't see any other way you are only getting 20 mph.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another MPG question!