All I have is time

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All I have is time

Im deploying to Iraq next month for about 7 months and sadly i will be away from my bike. Will having it started frequently and ran never rode be good, or should I just have the fluids flushed out of it? And I also heard to put racing gas in it if it is sitting because it has a much longer shelf life, but I know its more corrosive and harmfull for stock motors. Any ideas or comments.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Default RE: All I have is time

yes, i have a comment. screw the bike and worry more about yourself. good luck to you and have a safe return.
the fuilds will be fine. just throw some fuel stabilizer and that will take care of the gas. tell the person who will be taking care of the bike to move the bike once in a while around from place to place to avoid flat spots on the tires. personally, i think flat spot is just a rumor because i had my bike standing in the same place for half a year without developing anything like that, but just incase you might want to mention that.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 AM

Thanks the bike will be moved around.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Flush the fluids, unplug or take out the battery, and be safe in Iraq.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:41 PM

Thank you sir for your commentment to our country.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:01 PM

From a sailor to a soldier. Fuel stabilizer, remove battery put on charger, and take to shop when you get back to get fluids replaced. I live in Great Lakes and that is what I do every winter for 5-6 mths. Take care and God Bless you for a safe return.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 PM

I will go the extra mile... I will watch over your bike for you... Just drop it off at my place before you leave.

It will be safe. I have only dropped my bike twice, but it was only my fault one of those times.

Have a safe trip and remember- the green scorpions are more dangerous than the black ones.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:43 PM

I'm no expert but I have heard you should store your bike for extended periods with front and rear stands
and stabil. I don't think leaving your battery on a charger for 7 months is safe. Be careful over there.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:13 PM

Most of the battery chargers will only trickle charge so they are safe being connected for long periods of time. The other option as stated is disconnect and remove battery, then just charge when you get back.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:11 PM

Are you storing out in a facilty or at your house? Is your sigificant other going to be there? If so show her how to start it and run for about 10 minutes every other day. That is what I did when I went to Iraq. Came back with no problems. Just low tire pressure. Also show her how to put gas in it without spilling it every where.

Quick Reply: All I have is time