All this bike and a cable for your helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005 | 04:26 AM
Default All this bike and a cable for your helmet?

So I am out and about today and go to lock my helmet and the damn cable is gone. I mean how lame is that? Such a great bike and they can't make a hook that locks into the cowl for your helmet.

Anyone have any ideas or mods how to make it work? I really don't want to buy another dumb cable.

Old 07-11-2005 | 05:00 AM
Default RE: All this bike and a cable for your helmet?

Is that what the cable in the tool bag is for?

Old 07-11-2005 | 06:23 AM

yeah thats what the cable is for it hooks to a place under the pillion pad, still a lame idea though.

Old 07-11-2005 | 09:35 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

My D-ring fits without the cable -- keeps the helmet nice and snug against the plastic.

Old 07-11-2005 | 12:14 PM

Yep, I do the same as RRrip.

Old 07-11-2005 | 11:03 PM

I was just as puzzled as you guys when I first open the tool box. I went "what the hell is this cable for?" you would think, a near perfect
bike would at least have a half descent lock for your helmet, especially with the "limited edition" repsol...hhhmmmm.....but then again, I already had two helmets from previous bikes stolen when I left it dangling on the side of my bike. my friend reasoned out and said "well, sure he did a five finger discount on it and got away with it, but he can't use it anyway. So, I told him " you would be surprise.
So, the best thing to do, just bring the damn thing with you, how heavy is it to carry around anyway? And that ugly cable, use it long enough and it would eventually leave a nasty scratch on your plastic and the key word here is "UGLY" anf there's no other way to describe it.

Old 07-12-2005 | 01:51 AM

Yea, the cable is a bad idea. I saw a guys Repsol with the back all scuffed up on the sides from using it. I am not even gonna try it.

Off subject but;
How about that Nicky Hayden at Laguna? Made me proud to sport my Repsol Fireblade.

Old 07-12-2005 | 07:21 AM

I very rarley leave my lid with my bike but if I do i`ve a small cycle cable lock that i use, I put the helmet on the floor next to the front wheel just tucked inside nicely between the wheel and the base of the rad (wheel lock on) and i run the cable lock through the wheel and around the chin bar on the helmet, close the visor and hey presto job done. It even gets sheilded from most of the sun by the bike so its not red hot when you come back. Cable lock manages to fit in one side under the rear cowl too.

Old 07-12-2005 | 01:22 PM

Thanks Anubis, thats not a bad idea. Accept for possible scratches of the helmet sitting on the concrete. Hopefully nobody messes with it thinking you are trying to hide it unlocked

ORIGINAL: Anubis

I very rarley leave my lid with my bike but if I do i`ve a small cycle cable lock that i use, I put the helmet on the floor next to the front wheel just tucked inside nicely between the wheel and the base of the rad (wheel lock on) and i run the cable lock through the wheel and around the chin bar on the helmet, close the visor and hey presto job done. It even gets sheilded from most of the sun by the bike so its not red hot when you come back. Cable lock manages to fit in one side under the rear cowl too.

Old 07-12-2005 | 03:25 PM

i`ve had no trouble when i do it, but there is a small chance a cat might decide to **** on it

Quick Reply: All this bike and a cable for your helmet?