95 CBR 600 f3 fork seals

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 CBR 600 f3 fork seals

I am currently working on replacing my fork seals. I believe the forks are the original. Just standard right side up forks. I had an issue where the previous owner stripped out the bottom bolt on one. Am still currently trying to figure out the best and quickest approach at that but I am having another issue that may just scrap the whole project. I have removed the oil, taken out the cartridge and am now at the point where everything says that you use the fork like a slide hammer and pop the old seal out. Every video and every person I have talked to and seen can remove them in no more then 10 good slides. Im not a big guy but I can hold my own. I have clamped the bottom part in a vise to help get stability when I do this and have now been banging on it for 2 days at a total of 6 hours and it hasn't moved a single bit. Is there something I am missing? Should I just scrap them and storage the bike until I can come up with the $400 for the forks. I'm actually really upset. I get my license in a month and have been working on this bike getting it ready. I have vinyled the fairings, fixed everything wrong with the motor, put on an exhaust, it runs like it would right off the showroom floor. I cleaned it up. Not a speck of dirt or grime on it at all. Everything oiled and filled to exact specs. The forks were the last thing that needed to be done. Now it looks as though they are garbage which will cause me to have to put the bike in storage seeing as how I don't have anything close to that amount to buy new forks and with the cost being as what it is it won't be for another 4 to 6 months. I have been counting the months, weeks, days, hours and minutes until I could go ride again so if that's it for the forks then that's it for the bike. I'm running it across the scales and focusing on my El Camino. I'm so frustrated and angry that everything I did to get this bike running great and looking great was for nothing. Story of my life. Just wondering if the forks are done anf I should just scrap it. I think 2 days with a total of 6 hours trying to bang those apart seems completely insane and means there is a bigger issue and the forks are trash. Thank you.