2008/09 cbr 1000 review from me

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovesmesomehonda
So far everyone that owns an 04-07 talks sheit because they realize that their bikes are old, ill handling, tanks.
Thats enough, MY 07 WILL OUT HANDLE ANYTHING ON THE ROAD EVEN YOUR 08!!!

OK, maybe thats a bunch of BS....... But I do love my 07 and I dont have any issues with it.
Would I upgrade? Sure..... but I dont want to upgrade into high maintenance or other problems just to gain a small amount of handleabilty.
When guys like Stoppie who can honestly assess a bike without the macho (I own the best) glaze covering their post can tell me they have minimal issues...... I may upgrade. That may be 09 maybe 2010..... heck I may have to switch brands!
Right now for the money difference..... I'll keep mine! She's paid for!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by tacomaroma
Do you have any more beer?
Come on over fellows We'll have a beer together no matter what you ride......

Old 09-03-2009, 04:33 PM

OP I bet if you used you're AARP card as a makeshift debris deflector, you're shock res wouldn't be sandblasted. Hahahahah JK man, sharp looking bike, I must say and nice thread, good to get the neg's out there in the open as well. So used to all the friendly ***** stroking, about how great all our bikes are!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM

I like the taillight relocation kit utilizing the stock turn signals.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Smile Mine must be broken

I don't have any chips in the paint and not one drop of oil burned in 4k miles - and it's not for lack of trying.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 PM

1--First off it uses oil , about 5 ounces for every 500 miles, varies depending on how hard you ride it. Mine, none.

2--They should fire the person that designed the tab style hook together body work. I agree, like it's Rocket Science, or the average buyer would care about a few added grams of weight.

3--there is a painted panel under the rear of the bike that is unprotected from spinoff debris from the rear tire, and mine is scarred with numerous rock chips, bad design. True dat, bought a real fender from Taylormade, $300.

4--the paint is cheap and gets chips easily, I had my 954 for 6 years and road the **** out of it(45K miles) and it had only a few chips on the front and barely showed, the new bike after one trip had 3 good chips on the front fairing and numerous marks on the lower fairings right behind the front tire, No probs here.

5--I paid good money for the seat cowl and found it is a cheap piece of plastic (although the color match was perfect I had to cut rubber thingys and make a template and all kinds of rediculous **** to put it on and guess what the rubber tabs on the back fell off after one day of riding. Dealer installed at purchase, but way overpriced.

6--the stock exhaust where the black part was, discolored after 250 miles and turned kinda white. Mine too. Honda was retarded on this one.

7--The first day I had the bike I decided to put a new windscreen on it, you know dark smoke to make it look cool and one of the lower tabs just crumbled as I removed the stock windscreen. I decided this was also a poor design and broke off the other tab also and drilled holes in the fairing and added two more stays. I broke one too, but have no idea whether it's in the manual or not. Anyway, no effect afterward.

8-- the rear hugger as I have heard is designed to protect the rear shock from debris , but if you lay a simple straight edge across the plane it only protects half of the rear protuding nitrogen cylinder as mine is sandblasted half way up. See #3.

Now the important stuff , when I get on the bike I forget about all this stuff as the bike is the best handling and most responsive bike I have ever riden in my entire life it just simply handles like a dream and has incredible and controlable power. Now you're talkin'!

I just wish that honda isn't going to abandon there fit and finish for performance to keep up with the other bikes as they have seem to do on this bike.

If Honda does not return to their expertiese in fit and fit and finish I will not buy another one, I think the 2010 model will be much better as they know about this **** and will acknowledge most of it but they need to sell bikes and this is not like honda to skimp as they have on this bike in the fit and finish department and they also know about the oil consumption issue but I am sure they will not are willing to issue a recall for all the bikes they have sold cause of the massive costs, but if they did then I may have the restored respect in Honda.

In the end I still love this bike but it should be better by Honda standards of the past.