2006 1000rr slip on questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:05 AM
June 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abprep07
when your honda can pull 176hp to the rear wheel and run a 9.44 at 147mph on a 1/4 mile talk to me.
When your CBR can pull 176hp to the rear wheel and run a 9.44 at 147mph on a 1/4 mile then you might actually have useful input on a CBR forum. I have no problem with someone who doesn't own a Honda or a bike for that matter being on here, as long as they aren't talking trash.

Last edited by WhiteKnite; 07-15-2009 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 AM

ok now were good man, if anything maybe I can jump ship here and there and see whats up with some info on mods and vis versa ect. I do say if you havent gotten a tre and removed your secondary butterflies your losing power right there.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:15 AM

abprep07 i really dont appreciate you coming in on my post and starting crap. Im trying to get real answers here on my post and you come in talking about a whole different year of bike and things that are not concerning my bike. If you want to talk trash take it somewhere else or make your own trash talk post. Stay out of mine. Thanks to whiteknite im getting usefull info from him. Keep em coming man. Again to anyone who didnt read first post 2006 1000rr pair mod , flapper mod, D&D exhaust. I believe backpressure is the issue with D&D.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 AM
June 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by tysoncbr
I believe backpressure is the issue with D&D.
I think you are on to something with that. Lower back-pressure systems tend to make higher RPM power as you seem to understand. This is why factories have been putting exhaust valves in bikes for the last few generations. I couldn't say for sure if changes to the fueling will compensate enough to make you happy with the D&D, but it will help throughout the range. Also if you decide to switch back to the scorpion you can still benefit from a PCIII. I think the D&D is specifically designed to increase top-end power, I wouldn't really call it a problem in the design, but its just they way they are tuned.

If you still have the old can and you do decide to get a PC, maybe try out the pre-made maps on both cans and see which you like best before making the bigger investment of custom mapping. Its still a bit of a gamble whether the fueling changes will be enough to satisfy you.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM

thanks whiteknite for all ur input. Very appreciated. I installed my scorpion on last night. Big gains without a pcIII. D&D loss of power without pcIII. Ordering one here soon and going to install and mapped to my scorpion hopefully. D&D just really to loud. But afterwards i can mess with the two different cans and see what gains can be done there. Thanks again.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 PM

dude ^ calm down geez, its just a forum and if u dnt own a honda anymore y r u here talkn b/s??? to the guy who started this post, ur bike idles leik that because of the straight pipes d&d uses so its less backpressure my bikes the same way with the jardine carbon tip-titanium pignose slipon/pc3/and bmc race filter. i personally leik the sound its kinda aggressive and unique, but if u dnt jus play with the idle **** (next 2 ur left leg) spend the money on the pc3 and a filter and ur set, jus plug in ur laptop and download the map on the powercommander site (which btw doesnt cost a penny) and it'll b a nite an day notice, and throw down on a chain sprocket kit "520" -1 front +2 rear , promise u'll leik ur bike a hellof alot better!

hope this kinda helped

Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 PM

I'm glad i found this thread.... I use my bike for street riding only as do most of you on here, and i was looking around at different exhausts and its really frustrating with all the exhausts out there, you cant simply ask what one is best because everyone has their own opinion. I am really considering getting the D+D dual outlet for my 07 1000rr along with a powercommander. Would it be a mistake to get that exhaust (i'm not sure why i'm asking that). I love the way it looks and i like the sound. But if i drop the cash on the pipe and end up loosing performance i wouldnt really get it, even though the loss wouldnt be too noticeable imo. If i got the pipe with the pcIII and got it tuned would it be worth while to get it? My second option is the SATO slip on, because for 1 they have real good power gains and they look good (as do most slip ons for these bikes) but a few stand out to me. I really perfer the dual outlet look over the single can. So if i can get my bike tuned well enough with the D+D to make it gain some all around i will end up getting it.

dont meant to hijack the thread, i just want to clear some things up.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Wink

Hi there !

Tysoncbr, you did the correct thing putting again the Scorion. It is a much better exhaust that D&D and you know what ? It is not a really difference if you put a PC with this exhaust. It was made specifically for the 1000 RR and factory also says it is not necessary to tune the bike.
Do not lose your time and pocket, run the bike with the scorpion and ya !
Good luck

Attached Thumbnails 2006 1000rr slip on questions-scorpion-mio-2..jpg  
Old 07-17-2009, 07:25 PM

iS there proof backing up all this hear say on D+D to show that it really robs hp? In reality are you going to loose anything at all with the D+D? I mean, its not like i am for sure getting the D+D, but all the charts i've seen show it has a 2-4 horsepower gain i do not kno if thats with a pcIII and proper tune.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:59 AM

07ceebrthousand. If you are def looking into d&d i will sale you a used set off my bike. I went back to scorpion. I personally bought theese used cuz i didnt want to pay full retail for a pipe i was not for sure on. Theese pipes look good stailess steel with black ends and midpipe. If your possibly wanting an old used set let me know. Ill make you a good deal. Very loud pipes. Looks very clean. When i get new pics ill post up so you can see. Email me if you have any questions. jtysonw@yahoo.com. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 2006 1000rr slip on questions