2005 cbr repsol limited edition questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 cbr repsol limited edition questions.

One way a dealership works, in simple terms, is that the bike is on "flooring" meaning that the dealership has a set time to sell the bike with no substantial penalties ( like 90 days)..since the bikes are furnished on "credit"..after the grace period, the flooring company will start charging a percentage of the invoice ( like 1% or something) each month that it sits..This is a very loose explanation...My point is, that if the dealer had it sitting on the floor for that long ( 2 YEARS!! OMG!!!) even if the dealer sold it for FULL PRICE he would be losing money!! If Iwas that dealer and I had another model that another dealer wanted, that unit would come with "luggage" ( RC51) to get it off the flooring bill.
This is a VERY BASIC description of how " flooring" works. There are lots of companies that provide it and every one has a different idea of how to do it.
If the bike sits for a predetermined time..it is time for it to go on Closeout, Dealer trade it, or just pay it off and stop incurring interest..

Old 12-03-2004, 11:56 PM

Well I got a repsol from a great dealer and i also got it for under msrp. I got #3 of five that dealer was getting
Cant wait to brake mine in

Old 12-06-2004, 01:18 PM

Nice, break it in and get us some pics.

Old 12-06-2004, 08:53 PM

Nice... Wish i had the money for a new bike.

Nipz~

Old 12-07-2004, 12:20 PM

[/quote]
If you are considering buying from Honda of Daytona...it sure would be! Get someone to take you up there, or fly, and drive the baby back. The perfect time to break her in, easy highway cruising.
[/quote]

Highway cruising is the worst way to break in a bike. You do not want consistent speed for long durations of time. You want to vary the throttle, run through all of the gears, etc. Back roads, no stop and go traffic where you are sitting and constantly feathering the clutch, wind it out, generally don't go above 7500 rpms or so, and run through all of the gears. I would say after about the first 250 miles, ride it like you stole it. At 500 miles change the oil, check all of your fluids regularly, and have fun with the bike.

QuiK

Old 12-09-2004, 01:40 PM

Topic drifted a bit - but back to the repsol - I got mine last friday, dealer was only getting this one in, and i got it with 10% off!! totally owns, i love it, but here in england its too damn cold to ride - so only i get to appreciate it

Old 02-04-2005, 10:21 PM

Bunch of BS if you ask me. Although I am not surprised, when I was buying my bike (04' R1) dealer said same thing, only limited numbers are brought in, so you must place orders by January and price is not very flexible because they won't have problems selling it, as a result of limited numbers.

I made it clear that I am not paying $14,899.00 CAD M.S.R.P, so he can shove it!!! it was Mid-January I said I am paying in full today but no dealer is jerking me around, I has cash in my hand.(Loan Cheque anyway)

Eventually they sold it to me for $13,400.00 + Taxes, so there it could be done.

And as far as limited numbers, well let's put it this way, I paid in full for mine in January, I got it in March and in August that year you could still see them around dealerships not sold and put up for sale for around 13,5K anyway. Fact that Blue ones were sold out quick, and those that waited until late February or later were out of luck and had to buy Red or Silver ones.

So don't believe it, dealers are full of crap but quite often because manufacturers are giving them that BS.

For example Honda announced back in 2001 that it will be last year for RC51 so get yours now or you'll never be able to get one, not new anyway. 2 years later they were still around and in production.

It's the tricks that manufacturers are using to sell, and sell more.

If you'll pay M.S.R.P for anything, especially street bike of any kind, you got ripped off.

I hope you won't fall a victim of those naughty tricks, aren't you glad you're a member on a forum like this???

Good Luck Dude, be tough, and let the dealer know that it is you who is doing him a favor by buying a bike from them, not him doing you a favor for selling it to you.

[] CRASH n' BURN []
[IMG]local://upfiles/423/D4C9BDE9E1E44ACB854C7FE28B767693.jpg[/IMG]