2005 cbr repsol limited edition questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 cbr repsol limited edition questions.

I have a deposit at dealer I am number one on the list says he is olnly getting one bike is this true? i am paying msrp plus freight and prep which I never paid but he says on this bike they are charging it. He also says bike will not come in till april. I sell Porsches so understand if something is low production you pay msrp. Is this bike limited and is it true it will not be available till april.

Old 11-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Default RE: 2005 cbr repsol limited edition questions.

Acording to Honda's website the Repsol edition will be a regular produced model. It's alittle more expensive due to the graphics package. There is nothing on there though about it being a limited edition bike or anything like that. I'd personally check with a few other dealers in your area and maybe get your deposit back.

Old 11-04-2004, 02:09 PM

It is true that it is going to be limited..some dealers are only allocated them based on the sales from the prior year..so if the dealer didnt sell that many his alloction will be less than someone who sold alot.
But there is nothing special about it except the paint job( which in itself is awesome, I think it should be available on the 600RR as well!!)

Old 11-04-2004, 03:15 PM

So if that's true, check around at a few different Honda dealers and find one that will be getting more in. You might have alittle better negotiating power with a dealer that has 5 compared to a dealer that will only be getting one.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:11 PM

I am a Honda dealer and can help with some info on the Repsol edition. It is a limited edition. Dealers are allocated bikes depending on how many they sold in the previous year. Most dealers will only get one or two. Dealers can pretty much name their price on these units because they are going to be in such limited supply. I unfortunately only got two of which both are sold. But, I sold mine for $10,500.00 total, out the door. If anyone is in the Va. area and looking for a deal on new 1000's and 600rr's let me know. -

Old 11-09-2004, 09:03 AM

Does this mean you consider the '01 CBR929 Erion edition a 'limited edition'? The Repsol is in the same category as the Erion = added graphics package that ups the MSRP by $1k. As long as Buyers allow the 'supply/demand' principles to rule, yes - the dealer has the power to name his/her price. I remember how the dealers spiked the price on the RC51 when it was first released - $2k OVER MSRP! I watched our local dealer keep that bike (roped off) for over a year because he was too ignorant to see the price was exorabant and ridiculous. Im not sure what he finally sold it for, but it didnt go until the new year models were released = when the non-sale would really hurt him financially. I dont understand some dealers.

Hondaman - the price you sold the Repsol for is respectable, not that you asked, and I commend you for not trying to price gouge fellow riders. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

p.s. The graphics package on the Erion and Repsol are decals, NOT PAINT. The decals can be peeled off = not clearcoated for protection.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:53 PM

Yes, The Erion racing edition was a limited edition - just as the Repsol edition is. If it wasn't a limited edition I could have ordered as many as I wanted instead of only 2. All limited editions have decals and paint. The tank is paint and most of the side fairings have decals - Like the 1994 Honda RC-45. $34,000.00 and the side fairings were all decals.

Old 11-09-2004, 02:03 PM

I went to the International Motorcycle Show over the weekend and the REPSOL CBR1000RR is AWESOME..way better in person than in the pictures!!

Old 11-09-2004, 02:18 PM

Hondaman, I also give you props. You actually sold the Repsol 1000RR below Honda's MSRP. Thats respectable. When I go to get my 1000RR at the end of next year, it may be worth it to take a trip up to VA from FL. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-09-2004, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: NeonspeedRT

Hondaman, I also give you props. You actually sold the Repsol 1000RR below Honda's MSRP. Thats respectable. When I go to get my 1000RR at the end of next year, it may be worth it to take a trip up to VA from FL. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
If you are considering buying from Honda of Daytona...it sure would be! Get someone to take you up there, or fly, and drive the baby back. The perfect time to break her in, easy highway cruising.

Quick Reply: 2005 cbr repsol limited edition questions.