1KRR Rear Sets... HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1KRR Rear Sets... HELP!!!

Anyone found any rear-sets that work perfectly with the new 1000RR?
I bought the vortex one's but they were missing 2 key elements
1- a place to mount the rear brake actuator/switch/whatever you call it...
2- a place to mount the plastics. There is a bolt which holds on a black piece of your plastics which attaches to the brake-side rear-set.
Here were the results... (see image.)

Did anyone here have any luck with any aftermarket rear-sets which will LOWER the foot position (hey, I'm 7' tall... Gimme a break[8D])

If so... What did you get?
Or if you had to do any mods to get them to fit perfectly with all existing hardware, what did you do to get them functional and correctly mounted?

now... before you say it...
**I am not going to sacrifice my rear brake light!
**I am not going to remove my plastics for a rear-set!

Thanks in advance.
Russ

Old 01-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 1KRR Rear Sets... HELP!!!

Rear sets from Limpy-doodle

Limpalot can get ya a good deal on these rear-sets -- from the pics they appear to have what ya want.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the info.
I'm looking at those... He removed the heat shield and the black plastic from the body.
Take a look at these pics side by side and see for yourself... I want to keep my black plastic damnit!!! grumble, grumble, grumble[sm=chairshot.gif]

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/m...oRearSets4.jpg

Old 01-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Doh!! I looked at those pics before I posted and missed the missing plastic. When I installed aftermarket exhaust I killed the side heat shield but kept the plastic. Of course my up-pipe is shiny SS so I could kill it also. Personally I haven't justified (read: talked my self into) purchasing a pair of rear sets. I want 'em but dayummm, there's just so much other stuff to buy[:@]

Old 01-17-2005, 03:29 AM
L8X

those look like sato rearsets. they've always worked for me. but then again im not 7'!

Old 01-17-2005, 03:30 AM

Those are SATO racing rearsets and are some of the nicest pieces I have seen lately, but they are not cheap!!

Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

O.K. Been looking at different designs as far as keeping your brake light switch. I believe you could 1) modify the switch to hook up at the back of the lever also or 2) have a small hook TIG'd toward the rear/bottom of the brake lever. Either way your not talking a lot of $$ and minimal downtime. As far as being able to save the plastic ... sorry, nothing seems designed for that purpose. Normally peeps take it all off to save weight, not cause they're 7' tall. I bet you look like a Doberman humping a Chihuahua on that bike [8D] Sorry, couldn't resist[sm=imsorry.gif]

Are you considering an aftermarket exhaust? If so you will get a nice shiny stainless steel up pipe then you can lose the plastic piece. Also the right side heat shield will prolly have to go as well.

I'll keep looking but so far I can't find anything (and some people on here say I can find anything).

Old 01-17-2005, 11:12 AM

ROFL
Looks like I found you a challenge huh?
and don't worry about the tall jokes... I've heard them all (well, that one was actually new), and I have a good sence of humor
I've been looking like crazy online myself... The sad part is, nobody really puts up the "actual photo" of the rear-sets... it's always something similar or a stock photo.
I'm gonna make some calls today and tomorrow to see what the actual manufacturers tell me.

Thanks for all the help
Russ

Old 01-17-2005, 02:54 PM

BUA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA
I found it!
Take a look at this...

I still have to go away with the electric actuator for the brake lights and install a hydraulic one... but i'm ok with that, as long as it WORKS!

Old 01-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

What'd ya do, drill a hole in the heat shield and mount the plastic to it? Woodcraft sells a part ($17.99) for their rear sets that allows you to hook up your stock switch. Don't know if it'd fit on the Vortex or not. Ya know considering all the work goes into the first actual rear set (CNC does the rest) you'd figger the bastards would eventually come down in price

Quick Reply: 1KRR Rear Sets... HELP!!!