12000 for my bike!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 12000 for my bike!?

So today at work one of the guys I work with offered me 12K for my bike. He was ready to go and get the money for it, that's how serious he was. The problem is 1) I really like my bike but want a Repsol 2) this is the more important one, this guys doesn't have a ton of experience that I have seen with riding. He has an R6, but tends to like an idiot. He claims to have been riding for 4 years, but IDK. Is it worth it? I owe about 9K on it and it only has about 2k mi. He wants it as is, meaning if I take even the PC3 like I want to than he wont buy. What do you think?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you have spent a coin or two on that thing for no more miles than it has on it. Myself, I would have to enjoy it for a while............ But I'm not a huge Repsol fan........ Personally, they're a bit flashy for my taste. Your bike is tastefully done........ Just my opinion.........

Old 03-31-2009, 11:42 PM

SELL SELL SELL!

BUY BUY BUY Repsol!!!

For real, thats the perfect impulsive buyer. I would of sold it to him on the spot and took the bus home.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Default lol

Originally Posted by ichlgo
SELL SELL SELL!

BUY BUY BUY Repsol!!!

For real, thats the perfect impulsive buyer. I would of sold it to him on the spot and took the bus home.

lmao...thats funnnnnny but ditto , I agree

Old 04-01-2009, 06:22 PM

I say sell sell sell just because then I might be able to have the best looking red 08 on here in a couple months.... I wouldnt do it man, you dont have many miles on it, it looks great, and just think of sales tax, and all the extras a new repsol would run you.... is the look worth it?

Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 PM

Screw that, dont sell... Thats the thing that sucks with loans, i took one out for mine... You will never get what you want for it.... yea he will give you 12,000 but you owe 9,000 on it. so YOU are only getting 3,000. thats like you selling it for 3g. it would be different if it was all paid off in full on the spot.

i say keep it. Repsols are nice, but they are that much more of a problem when it comes to being stolen. and i get nuff looks out on my silver bike. dont need a repsol to turn heads... and paying extra for nothing different on the bike besides plastics is crap IMO.

Joe

Old 04-04-2009, 09:22 AM

seems pretty easy to me. if you want the repsol and can have 3k to put down on it then it is a no brainer.

the amount of miles you have ridden that one are inconsequential. remember that if you try to sell it later you will not get anywhere near that for it. also if you try to trade it you will be upside down on it.

if you intend to buy a repsol later and get rid of the red one then this is you best way to do it. IMHO

Old 04-04-2009, 05:28 PM

If you want repsol, then why not just wait and buy the repsol body kit when it comes out?
You would spend 700+(roughly) for the kit as oppose to few extra grand on paying of the old and the new loan.
my 2 cents

Old 04-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Luckily I don't have a conscience when it comes to selling stuff. As long as I get my $$ they can take the bike and wad it or part it out or launch it off a cliff for all I care.

If you really want a repsol then what he's offering is way more than you'd get for trade in. I have noticed though that a lot of guys will talk the whole "I got the money at the house and will bring it" game (especially around other guys) but then when you get to the signing on the dotted line part they bail.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:52 PM

After talking it over with the wife and some of my riding buddies, I decided that I am going to keep my bike. The guy that wants to buy it is pretty stupid when it comes to riding. He isn't allowed to ride with us because he is dangerous and makes sketchy decisions...all this on an R6. I figure on my bike his life expectancy would be very short, and even worse he would destroy the bike. I appreciate all of the input. As much as I would like to have a Repsol, being in the military and having a fair amount of rank, I'm pretty sure that when this tool lays the bike down and becomes a statistic, it will come back on me. So i'll save my *** now and hang on to the bike. It's still new, looks good, and has a ton of stuff done to it. Can't really ask for much more.