1000 not what I thought

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1000 not what I thought

ORIGINAL: tjripper14

Well EATMEBEATME, looks like you been beat to many times cause your talking crazy now. Beacuase of the huge difference in torque and the minimal difference in bike weightthe 1000's walk away from the 600's at any speed. I ride with guys on 600's and they cant keep up ever.
Well man - maybe you're just SO bad *** that you'd walk away from 600 bike even on a Ninja 250. I dunno. All I'm saying is that in the 10 years I've been riding 600cc and 1000cc bikes I rarely if ever have seen a stock liter bike WALK AWAY from a 600 around the street unless the guy on the 600 was a complete novice. That's all I'm saying. Freeway speeds are obviously a different story. I'm not a veteran or anything but just making an observation.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Since it hasnt been mentioned here yet perhaps you are also just falling into one of Honda's biggest selling points. Honda tends to make their 1k's with very smooth power bands, its that way by design, it does not feel like you are going as fast as you are. Now you hop on a Gix or Kawasaki and hit 7k rpm and the power just slams on, while the Honda is a much more refined beast. I would recamend going -1 in the front and see how you like the difference, and its a cheap place to start.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: crhallcbr

I got a 05 1000RR for $4600!! It's a great deal, but I'm disappointed in the performance!!!! I stepped up from an 05 F4I thinking that i was missing out on something. When i got the 1000RR I thought that I'd barely have to twist he throttle, in order to have low end power on tap. But I feel like I'm still on my F4i. I hate having toring the throttles neck in order to get a response. Now!!!! when the bike gets near 100MPH it's a different story, it pulls like I thought a 1000 should. But how often am I going to hit 100MPH on the streets? I want that same performance down low in the first few gears. I don't care at all about top end speed, because I'm not racing. I'm thinking about going down onetooth in the front, with hopes of getting the power that i am looking for.I really want to go down two teeth in the front, but my friend says that's too much. What do you guys think?? If I don't get the performance I'm looking for I might as well have a 600.
First of all that's a good deal that you got there, I just myself got a 05 1kRR for $6000 and I thought that was a steal specially because the bike is BRAND NEW! Anyways I also have an 06 F4i and all I gotta say is that I rode the F4i right before the 1k and IMO the difference is like night and day. The 1k has WAYYY more torque and I don't have to squeeze the throttle to go fast, now in the F4i I need to squeeze it almost all the way to get something out of the bike compared to the 1k.

I'm not expert and I've only been riding for 3 years but after being in the 1k all I have to say that is much more than I expected and the bike surprises me everytime I get on it. Also the gearing haven't been changed, the bike is completely stock. Like I said that's my opinion and I don't know why you don't feel like there's a difference between the F4i and the 1kRR because there's a BIG difference

Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Buy a V-twin then......
They dont look as sexy lol. I just dont get wtf ppl are to lazy to twist a throttle, but they ok with getting almost twice the HP they 99% of them WILL NEVER USE. Theres not a person on here that cant out ride last decades 600 class much less todays, but they 'need' a 1k. I call BS. it all ego boosting, power hungry braggin rights. 9 out 10 1k in the mtns get their *** spanked by the 600's, even 250's, and some the crusiers are passing. A 600 is no where near slow. ok /rant over lol.
I'm so tired of hearing this retarded argument. You don't need to be the world champion 600 rider before you can rightfully owna 1000. Who gives a damn if a 250 or 600 rider is faster than you? How is that relevant? I want a bike that isn't a total dog at 4000 RPM, I bought a 1000 so I wouldn't have to downshift 17 gears when I want to accelerate. 600's are DEADon the low end, my 4200 pound SUV ran side by side with an R6 all the way up to 40 MPH. That's just sad. I use all 150+ HPalmost every time Ihitan interstate onramp. No 600 can fill the shoes of my 1000, no way.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:35 PM

Hey man....just from going from my 929 to my 1000RR there was a big difference and that it's not as much cc difference as a 600 so I'm not sure what this cat is talking about I love my 1k. Maybe there's something wrong with the bike you he got. (mechanicly wise of course) Well that's just my 2 pennies....

Old 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: crhallcbr

I got a 05 1000RR for $4600!! It's a great deal, but I'm disappointed in the performance!!!! I stepped up from an 05 F4I thinking that i was missing out on something. When i got the 1000RR I thought that I'd barely have to twist he throttle, in order to have low end power on tap. But I feel like I'm still on my F4i. I hate having toring the throttles neck in order to get a response. Now!!!! when the bike gets near 100MPH it's a different story, it pulls like I thought a 1000 should. But how often am I going to hit 100MPH on the streets? I want that same performance down low in the first few gears. I don't care at all about top end speed, because I'm not racing. I'm thinking about going down onetooth in the front, with hopes of getting the power that i am looking for.I really want to go down two teeth in the front, but my friend says that's too much. What do you guys think?? If I don't get the performance I'm looking for I might as well have a 600.
First of all that's a good deal that you got there, I just myself got a 05 1kRR for $6000 and I thought that was a steal specially because the bike is BRAND NEW! Anyways I also have an 06 F4i and all I gotta say is that I rode the F4i right before the 1k and IMO the difference is like night and day. The 1k has WAYYY more torque and I don't have to squeeze the throttle to go fast, now in the F4i I need to squeeze it almost all the way to get something out of the bike compared to the 1k.

I'm not expert and I've only been riding for 3 years but after being in the 1k all I have to say that is much more than I expected and the bike surprises me everytime I get on it. Also the gearing haven't been changed, the bike is completely stock. Like I said that's my opinion and I don't know why you don't feel like there's a difference between the F4i and the 1kRR because there's a BIG difference
[/quote]

I agree. There has to be something wrong with this bike.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Buy performance regulator/rectifier and alternator ... $200 - $300. That's the achilles heel of Honda ... electrical charging system sux. I only changed mine out ('04 1kRR) because the alternator melted due to crappy regulator/rectifier. Could not believe the difference it made. Guess I had been losing a bit-o-power ever so slightly that it wasn't noticeable until I got it all back at once.
Speaking of which, where did you purchase that performance regulator/rectifier and alt? Did it make that much of a diff for you? I had to go through the warranty thing because mine melted too.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: guyomatic

Buy performance regulator/rectifier and alternator ... $200 - $300. That's the achilles heel of Honda ... electrical charging system sux. I only changed mine out ('04 1kRR) because the alternator melted due to crappy regulator/rectifier. Could not believe the difference it made. Guess I had been losing a bit-o-power ever so slightly that it wasn't noticeable until I got it all back at once.
Speaking of which, where did you purchase that performance regulator/rectifier and alt? Did it make that much of a diff for you? I had to go through the warranty thing because mine melted too.
Can't remember ... will try to find paperwork this weekend ... it sux getting old and senile.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:48 AM

You can look here http://www.electrosport.com/street/s...reet_46200.php

Old 06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PMd ya dude ...

Quick Reply: 1000 not what I thought