CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   08 NUMBERS ????? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/08-numbers-50877/)

kodiak1122 10-01-2007 08:25 PM

RE: 08 NUMBERS ?????

The CBR looks much better than the '08 GSXR.[:'(]

Wallyburger 10-02-2007 12:18 PM

Another thing I absolutely like about this bike is the tail can you imagine a FE on this bike? Damn ....the under tail would be absolutely awesome, no need for the hotbodies or euro tails. The hondabadge/emblem adds a touch of class instead ofthe cheap sticker on my 06. The pipe takes some getting used to butlooks just perfect and blends in with the bike.It does not look like an afterthought, sometimes you see bikes with side pipes and the pipe looks like it just pushed in there and totally out of proportion with the bike. I bet a lot of 600 riders will upgrade to this new 1K due to the smaller/lighter dimensions.

Hey Honda (I'm sure you have your marketing teams spying on these forums) since I'm here acting as a informal advocate for the 08 1KRR how about some free stuff? I would settle for the black 08 1KRR but I understand they are limited so the Red one will suffice, I will pay for shipping.

jsmith2154 10-02-2007 01:19 PM

lol nice try let me know if it works

REKLOOSE 10-04-2007 11:49 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: de goose man

Cool thanks for the link but it says nothing about traction control, justadding a slipper clutch. Unless I missed, damn the kawis got traction control.
[*]New idle-air control valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.[*]New Ignition Interrupt Control system works with IACV and FI mapping to enhance driveability.[*]Smaller and lighter ECU provides two 3-D fuel-injection maps for each cylinder and two 3-D ignition maps for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel-mixture and spark-advance settings for superb rideability

This is like a traction control, HONDA isnt announcing it as traction control.. also i read somewhere where they tested the 07 liter bikes(gsxr,R1,zx-10) against the 08 CBR 1K and the CBR was 1.8 sec. a lap FASTER!!! The test rider quoted "it was so smooth that i thought that i wasnt going much faster than the other liter bikes" "EFFORTLESS" thats pretty impressive, and if the 07 600RR is any indication, this CBR should be something, already have my deposit down. custom paintjob coming soon after pickup..

CBR1000 10-05-2007 12:37 PM

Also, just noticed from looking at this thread. The fairing bolts are hidden and they moved up the brake fluid resevoir (sp)

de goose man 10-05-2007 08:07 PM

You guys notice or is it just me but the lower graphics end towards the upper fairing whole...exactly what the design would be if it had the complete sticker. I guess Honda wanted to try something different. Also, I agree I like the black pegs on the limited edition but they still have the huge footpeg feelers, just scary thought in my opinion.

RICHS65 10-06-2007 11:28 AM

According to Suzuki, (via the new 08 Hayabusa in the wind tunnel for countless hours with their new bike) the elimination of the fairing bolts make the bike more aerodynamic. Lets hope the new Honda has the same success with that theory, and whips the Gixxer 1000's ass in top speed and 1/4 mile times. Can't wait.

REKLOOSE 10-07-2007 08:07 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: de goose man

Cool thanks for the link but it says nothing about traction control, justadding a slipper clutch. Unless I missed, damn the kawis got traction control.
HERE's a comparison GOOSE. i came to my own conclusio n both sound very similar..(SAME CRAP) LOL..

The 2008 Ninja ZX-10R features a new ignition system that assists with torque management by monitoring throttle opening, gear position and rate of RPM change, then retarding ignition timing to reduce torque when sudden unwanted RPM spikes are detected. This system doesn’t interfere with normal operation and still allows the engine to rev freely under typical riding conditions.Quick downshifts can be executed without risk of upsetting the fine-tuned ZX-10R chassis thanks to its easily adjustable slipper clutch. [/align][/align]and THE HONDA....................[/align][/align][*]New idle-air control valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.[*]New Ignition Interrupt Control system works with IACV and FI mapping to enhance driveability.[*]Smaller and lighter ECU provides two 3-D fuel-injection maps for each cylinder and two 3-D ignition maps for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel-mixture and spark-advance settings for superb rideability[*]Unique slipper-clutch design uses a center-cam-assist mechanism for easier actuation. Unlike an ordinary slipper clutch where the pressure plate moves side to side, the Honda clutch moves both the center cam assist and the pressure plate to provide additional slipper effect.[*]Nine-plate clutch is compact and tough, featuring durable friction-plate material.