CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What can the problem be please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can the problem be please help me!

ok i started my 94' 1000f sunday last weekend and started fine and i rode it for 3 to 4 hrs (takeing brakes here and there) well i come home this friday and go to jump right on the bike and it would crank over fine lights and blinkers work fine everything electrical fine. well i take all the plastics off and the tank and remove the spark plugs to test for spark well no luck no spark at all, i had the coils tested and had some othere stuff tested (well by the book everything tested fine) can the IC module be bad or what should i do first and if i do buy a ne IC module does anyone have a picture or a diagram on how the wiring goes into it b/c the damn cycle shop left that undone and the wires not in place after checking some of the electrical parts on the bike.(or is there a way to test the IC module?)

If anyone has a picture on how the wires are supposed to be on there please send me some pictures to help out with this issues too.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Default RE: What can the problem be please help me!

Kill-swich activated on the right handle?

Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 PM

If the switch would be activated she wouldn't crank... right. Its electrical. I'll take some pictures of mine and post them tomorow

Old 06-20-2007, 09:29 PM

It could be the battery. Most electronic ignition systems have a low voltage protection circuit. The bike will crank and the lights etc will work but you wont get a spark. If you have a charger or jumper leads just connect it to the battery while it is installed and see how you go. Keep the terminals connected to the battery as you may get residual spikes and blow the electronics.When the bike is running removing the positive lead from the bike first for the same reason.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 PM

My 88 will still crank when the kill switch is on

Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Side stand switch? Try either testing or jumpering it.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 PM

I forgot to say that i did use jumper cables i attached them to my dakota R/t and i was still not getting anything i also lifted the kick stand up disengaged it and everything possiable so its not that but yeah if you can put a pics up of the IC module so if i do end up needing another i can replace it right. But if anyone has other suggestions i am all ears thanks for the comments guys very appreciated...

Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 PM

I haven't used the kill switch on my bike for over three years. I found that after using it to shut off my bike, sometimes I'd have problems restarting it. When that happened, I would finally get it started by toggleing the switch on and off a couple of times. I'd eventallyget it started, though not necessarily on the first, second, or third try. Anyhow, once I figured out the problem was associated with the kill switch, I simply stopped using it, and haven't had a problem since.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Motor_Fan

If the switch would be activated she wouldn't crank... right. Its electrical. I'll take some pictures of mine and post them tomorow
If I remember right the starter turned on my -92 even when the kill switch was activated. On the recent Blackbird it definitely does. I was not quite sure for the Hurricane though, and when looking into the schematic it seems that the kill switch powers the starter button.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:07 AM

I have a 92 and it will crank if the kill switch is activated!! My advise is to disconnect the kill switch and then try to start her!! If she still does not take then do a diagnostic test on her!!!

Quick Reply: What can the problem be please help me!