Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Using Center stand

Bugger. . .

Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 AM

Let me know how it goes with the R6. A neighbor of mine just bought a GSXR 600. He is very cocky, so Im sure he and I will match up one day. I know our bikes are older and heavier, but Im very proud of my bike. When I was racing the FZ 1 I redlined and speed shifted every gear for the first time since I owned the bike. It was steadily putting out power, even at 10500rpm. Even though I lost, Im very proud of my bike!!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We're all proud of our 1000F's ,Hurricanes or whatever, just that technology marches on, and a 252 Kg hypersports tourer from the 80's and 90's pushing out arouns 113 HP on the rear wheel, is no match for a bike weighing around 80 Kg's less, with fuel injection and about 100 BHP at the rear, with improved brakes, suspension, or in most areas except overall comfort, and doing what it does best - high speed touring, where I believe the 1000F has no equal. I can stay with the R6's, Kawasaki Z6, GSX600R or whatever at accelleration IF I'm rolling, but the sheer weight of the old girl slows her down. Top speed I can edge away, but we're well beyond sanity levels at that point.
Don't bother in the twisties, they'll ruin your day every time....
I just love mine for what she is.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 AM

I agree with you completely Shadow 1 !!! Someday I will need to get a replacement bike, and there is nothing out there that has the comfortand power (and mine has good wind protection)to my taste like my old Hurricane!

About the centerstand: I can do it with ease now thanks to all the wonderful tips and instructions!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could not have put it better myself Shadow

Old 09-02-2008, 04:36 PM

I do get carry aways sometimes, but if I wanted a basic comfortable bike, I would have brought the 650 v-star I test rode on the same day I brought this bike.
One thing that I will have over on the r600 and it will never match me on is. I on a bigger bike with bigger bike noise, it may not be faster, but it looks a lot cooler.
It's me the kid's in the back of the family car will be looking at aswe pass them, as they say to thier parents, I going-ta get a bike when I grow up,A big one.
(The r600 is a nice looking bike, but)

Old 09-02-2008, 05:52 PM

What the hay!! There is no bike on the road that I can not keep up with. The old girl can hold her on. A buddy of mine has a Busa, CBR929 and a VFR 800 and i can stay with him on any of those bikes. Love the Hurricanes. As far as the center stand goes I guess im a wuss. I still use two people. Plastic can be expensive.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Who cares what you can or can't keep up with on the road. My bike has 135+ HP and even though she's a bit of a fatty, she's plenty fast and very comfy. She meets my needs and can produce acceleration and velocity that always brings asmile to my face. And, she didn't cost me $10k or more! Also, don't forget, fat chicks need love too!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, Scott, and fat chicks are so grateful.....he he he
We all love our fat old ladies
And bruiserc, if you can keep up with a 'Busa and a 929, you're a better rider than me.
(or the 'Busa boy isn't pushing it as hard as he could.) Maybe your roads have tighter corners, but even then a Busa should outrun any of the CBR1000F's or Hurricanes - It's a simple equation of horsepower and technology. 170+ horsepower and 20Kg's lighter, plus improved suspension and brakes means we SHOULD get eaten every time............

Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 AM

I love my Hurricane and wouldnt trade it for the world. Best $2600 I ever spent in my life! But, even the FZ1 blew by me strongly. It wasnt even close. We were on a 3/4 mile straight away starting from 1st gear. I got a head start. He said he was doing 130 when he passed me and looked like he was a good 15 mph faster when he came by. I was still accelerating and not at top speed. Even with the outcome, I was so proud of my bike! No slouch!
His seat sucks and horrible wind protection. Other than that which can be remedied, the FZ 1 is a nice bike.

Quick Reply: Using Center stand