CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Two Bros Slip on's (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/two-bros-slip-ons-28872/)

Stray Cat 12-30-2006 12:02 AM

Two Bros Slip on's

I found a pair of Two Brothers slip on's. The price is decent, but I was wondering about jetting. Do you guys think that I'll need to re-jet or shim the needles to get keep the excellent throttle response I have now with a stock set up?
And let's say I do need to shim the needles, could it be done with the stock needles or will I need to get a Dyno Jet kit assuming there is one available?
TIA.

R1000 12-30-2006 05:49 AM

RE: Two Bros Slip on's

You can shim the stock needles. I don’t think youneed to change main jets. I runned on stock jetting with a race like fullexhaust and the plugs looked very good, light brown-tanned. I drove the bike real hard for extended periods and tortured in also on track. I can assurethat the bike pushed very good and with agreat throttle response. It was provided with a KN filter when I got it,maybe that help some since the Cane have a real small air box, but I'm not sure since KN filters are debated and the stock filters should be fine.Itappears thatHonda has over-jetted the Cane to be on the safe side. If I remember right the jets where #122 on mine, and people having dynoed bikes after full exhaust change has ended up with #125 jets, which is amarginal change. You may need to adjust the pilot jets though, and raising the needles a few mm'sis always good. Try to avoid Dyno Jet kits; they have a reputation to not last for verylong and also to carve the non-replaceable emulsion tube in the carbs. It wasDyno Jet needles on my Cane when it came, but they where quite worn. The bike still runned great though, apart for a slight choppinesson very low rpm's (about 3 krpm).

chitownart 12-30-2006 01:29 PM

I got a question. Where do you get the needle and seats from if not Dynajet? Honda? I thought they sold only OEM. I have installed a Stage 1 kit, and now you got me worried...Thanks
Art

Stray Cat 12-30-2006 01:56 PM

Super, thanks R1k. I'll slap them on when they come and see where I'm at. :D

TimBucTwo 12-31-2006 09:03 AM

I put a TB slip-on on my bike and it runs fine stock jetted.

Stray Cat 12-31-2006 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: TimBucTwo

I put a TB slip-on on my bike and it runs fine stock jetted.
And I just discovered it's only one can. The right side. The left side is blocked off at the collector. Is this how yours is TimBucTwo?

TimBucTwo 01-02-2007 09:33 AM

Yes, mine has one can on the right side. I love it. Easy to install, no re-jetting and not too loud. It still has a flat power band without any trouble spots in RPM.