CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Throttle tube

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle tube

Hey lads, any reason this throttle tube form an 87 CBR740 won't fit my '96 1000?

HONDA HURRICANE CBR750 RC27 THROTTLE TUBE TWIST GRIP | eBay

Alternatively, anyone on the forum have a spare and would like to make a few bucks sending it to Oz?

Tim.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know one of your Aussie brother members has a spares bike
Might have been DaveThePom

Old 09-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only reason I can see for it not fitting would be length of cables, although I'm not sure as we don't have access to a 750 parts list or manual - except in Japanese
Did the 750F have two cables to the carbs ?
I saw one on e-Bay awhile back, if it won't fit.
See if I can find it...............
http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_kw=H...F&_kw=THROTTLE
some of these will surely fit.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My guess would be that it fits. Most modern bikes do have a return cable. The Dia. of the bars is what will determine the size of the tube going over it.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:40 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Providing there's no difference between the MK1/2/3 !000's I'd guess the 750 bars are the same. It'd keep manufacturing costs down.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would guess that they're the same, too.
But then ... to assume makes an *** out of u and me.
But then again... I'm already an ***. Hmmm... I'll have to think some more about this one. lol...

Old 09-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late reply guys!

After realising that part was in Her majesty's coin I did some (bad ) math in my head and figured it was a pricey bit of plastic. Mine is cracked up from hitting the ground a few times, but the cable end is still in tact, so I am thinking I can repair it pretty easy if I can get some plastic pipe the correct diameter.

I live in Sydney so shouldn't be too bad with spare parts, I'll swing by when I have it off and compare it to some aftermarket models.

My poor bike has been neglected the past few months. No maintenance and no mods, she was barely holding herself together and I was still riding it every day. I cleaned out the carbs and flushed the coolant system the other day hoping that I might get it to warm up a little faster but it hasn't really helped, it's still a dog to get out onto the street and up the hill in the morning when I'm running late

I have a new clutch, new handgrips, a MX-style front fender (that none of you guys will approve of) new oil, brake fluid chain and sprockets and a MX-style flat bar to replace the clip-ons...

The hardest part is forcing myself to do 'boring' work ( like bleeding brakes and changing oil) before fun things like motoX bars and pinstripes

Hopefully by Christmas my new parts pile will be a little smaller and the bike will be a little happier!

Remember kids, ride em like you stole em!

Tim.

Quick Reply: Throttle tube