CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Throttle lock...which one do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 05:16 AM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluebeard
The throttle rocker looks like a great idea. It appears as though it may also be a great addition to the deadly treadly too.
The what? Please explain, I'm swedish, and not that excellent in english/american slang... (and to CBRClassic: you could'nt consider cutting back a little on your slang would you? Sometimes you might just as well be speaking french)

Old 07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Mikeop

Steve är en söt hjälpsam stöttan , ger honom en bryta.
Han menade inte till utesluta någon
Tala till du senare Dr.Sprock

Old 07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikekop
Yup, I think that one will fit. I've got one myself, but I don't like them that much. Not that the Vista Cruise is bad in any way, I just don't like the concept. Sure, on a totally level road it's ok, but the minute it's slightly downhill or uphill you have to adjust. Try one of those Trottle Rockers instead: http://www.throttlerocker.com/
I need to be able to take my hand all the way off the grip for a bit. I've used throttle locks for over 20 years, and they do exactly what I need them to do...just want to find the right one for this bike.

Thanks for the info re: the fit!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by idodirt
I have that same model VistaCruise. I use it for my 1000F and the 600 F3. I'm not abdicating riding for miles at a time with no hands on the handle bars, but it's nice to take a break once in a while. I had to modify the length of the thumb lever because at full right lock it will hit the tank. (no, I don't ride at full right lock with the cruise on, but if it gets pressed in the down position while moving the bike around, I don't want it to hit the tank)
Thanks for that. Ya, I don't use the things for miles at a time. I use it for maybe 30 seconds, and only on the freeway.

Thanks for the heads-up re: the thumb lever. I'll be careful of that.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 AM

I've just started to try out a 7/8th inch o-ring. I added a tab made of electrical tape so I can pretty easily take it back out of the groove between the grip and the bar end. I've only tried it once or twice on short highway stretches but it works well. Gives me a couple of seconds break or to reach into a pocket with my right hand, which is all I want. It is not in the way at all when not in use, it just sits on the bar end and I roll it into position when I want to hold the throttle open for a few seconds.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Griffin
I've just started to try out a 7/8th inch o-ring. I added a tab made of electrical tape so I can pretty easily take it back out of the groove between the grip and the bar end. I've only tried it once or twice on short highway stretches but it works well. Gives me a couple of seconds break or to reach into a pocket with my right hand, which is all I want. It is not in the way at all when not in use, it just sits on the bar end and I roll it into position when I want to hold the throttle open for a few seconds.
I've used that one before...works great. Sadly on this bike there is a large gap on both sides between the bar ends and the grips. I think my bike might not have the OEM bar ends on it...they're OEM from something, but not a 94 CBR.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 AM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprockaholic
Steve är en söt hjälpsam stöttan , ger honom en bryta.
Han menade inte till utesluta någon
Tala till du senare Dr.Sprock
Hehe, GoogleTranslate is pretty funny sometimes! But I get the consensus, and yes, he his!
Yeah, talk to you later!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM

Ah well ..............thought I'd have a go LOL

BTW I didn't use google

Last edited by Sprock; 07-29-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I use the ThrottleMeister. It took a little bit of messing around with it to get it to work correctly. I like it because it is well hidden

I seldom use it. The speed of the bike changes to much as the grade of the highway changes, while it is locked. I mostly just switch hands and keep my left hand on the throttle while resting my right hand.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Smile Throttle Lock

Well all I can say is here's how it's done properly.

Here's ThrottleMeister Specific Link nice bar end sets

Last edited by Sprock; 07-29-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Throttle lock...which one do you use?