CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Summer in Australia - A Ride to the Snow - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Summer in Australia - A Ride to the Snow - Pictures

Summer in Australia - A Ride to the Snow.

I live in Melbourne (3 million people) and it is summer time so 11 mates and I took a 2 day ride to the local ski resort to see the last of the snow ( but realy to have a fast ride on the country / mountain roads. 1000km of fun. Pictures are here if you want to look....

http://www.ulyssesmelb.com/component...php?gal_ix=134

Old 11-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Summer in Australia - A Ride to the Snow

Hi Naga_Thai... certainly nice county down your way there... alot greener than it is up in the Riverland on the border. I went for a ride down to a rallyjust out of Euroa and it was stunningly beautifull county to ride in in the hills around there.

I'm planning on coming down for the WSBK's end of February... looking forward to that ride too... maybe a stop over through the grampians too for some windy riding!

Is that a CB1300S I spot in a couple of those pics? :-D!! I do miss the ol CBR1000F though... the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Carl - If you come this way be sure to let me know & we can show you around.

Yep - that CB1300 belongs to a mate of mine - I spoke to him of your transition and you queries. He has a lot of experience with this bike and is willing to answer any queries you might have. Give me a PM if you need an intro...

Old 11-27-2008, 05:23 PM

ahhhh! I felt transported for some minutes...thanks for sharing!!!! beautiful place you got this.

Regards & V's,
Luis

Old 11-27-2008, 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Naga_Thai
Hi Carl - If you come this way be sure to let me know & we can show you around.
Yep - that CB1300 belongs to a mate of mine - I spoke to him of your transition and you queries. He has a lot of experience with this bike and is willing to answer any queries you might have. Give me a PM if you need an intro...
Wow! Thanks for thinking of me like that!! So far I've managed to answer most of my questions I've had in the hondaCB1300.net forum reading through others posts (gotta love forums!!!). There's one other pressing issue but I really need another CB1300 to compare it to as vibration is a relative type thing... what I might call excessive someone else wouldn't find it an issue etc... Part from that so far so good.

I'll definately post up something when the time gets closer in February 09... might be others on here that plan to go to the WSBK at Phillip Island so we could probably meet up somewhere.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:14 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Summer in Australia - A Ride to the Snow - Pictures

Some fantastic piccies there mate , sittin here in my kitchen with rain pissing down outside so no fun for me today[:@] Looks like everyone had a great trip , thanks for the post , can't wait for summer to come along!

Old 11-28-2008, 08:52 AM

Nice trip and thanks for sharing the pics! looks like it was really fun, love the pic of the 1000F right next to the snow![8D]

Old 11-28-2008, 09:10 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Great Pics-well done!
The other side of the Divide[used] to have fantastic roads.......Through Milawa-Myrtleford-Bright,haven't ridden up that way for 20 years,hmmmmm best check it out this summer.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice pics Martin - I see only one decent CBR1000F amongst all the other rubbish.....[X(][X(][8D]

Quick Reply: Summer in Australia - A Ride to the Snow - Pictures