CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Seafoam: Where to inject? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/seafoam-where-inject-125784/)

stefan2m 05-23-2011 12:41 AM

Someone actually said to me I could consider mixing two stroke oil in my fuel 100:1 for a while, so all the rubbers and stuff is 'rejuvenated' a bit... well, not for the bike, but for my '84 Volvo.
Now, I'm no expert on the effects of oil vs. rubber, but doesn't oil harden rubber parts over time?
In other words; the above advise is BS?

Shadow 05-23-2011 12:47 AM

It used to be called
upper cylinder lubricant :)
It can't do much harm....................
Probably similar to using Wynns or any other petrol additive

paulpaul 05-23-2011 02:32 PM

Thank you all for the input.
I think I will buy some of the arisol and regular stuff in the bottle. I will spray some in my air box then do the fuel additive treatment at regular intervals. The carbs have not been touched for about 5 years. It still runs good, just some hesitation from a stop.

As for the oil, I will do as my common sence told me, leave it alone!!

Thanks once again

Paul

tds94probe 05-23-2011 04:28 PM

Add Seafoam Engine Treatment to your fuel tank, and your engine oil. It is a very versatile solvent. It is the same as adding engine oil flush solvents to your crankcase. When your oil turns dark, change it. The reason it is safe to add to your engine oil is because it is made with ALL Petroleum Products, so it does not affect lubrication.

Use only 1.5 Ounces per quart of engine oil.

Shadow 05-23-2011 10:01 PM

QUOTE The reason it is safe to add to your engine oil is because it is made with ALL Petroleum Products, so it does not affect lubrication.

So are ether and thinners - both petroleum products - but there's no lubrication in either of them.

Sorry, but you're not correct on this one.
I surely won't be adding it (solvent) to my engine oil in any way shape or form.
I'd rather run diesel oil and change it twice as often (which I do)

Oil goes "dark" when the percentage of suspended particles rises.
When it does, change the oil.
(the basic oil is still perfect;y good, but the additives degrade with use)
If there was a way to filter the oil and replace the additives efficiently , your oil would be good for the life of your bike.

scorpionvmu 05-23-2011 10:19 PM

where is the best place to buy seefoam.... i would like to run it through mine from now and than.

Sprock 05-24-2011 01:10 PM

Walmart !

TimBucTwo 05-25-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock (Post 1058153)
Walmart !

Advanced auto and NAPA or other auto parts stores. If you don't see it maybe ask.

Sprock 05-25-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo (Post 1058611)
Advanced auto and NAPA or other auto parts stores. If you don't see it maybe ask.

Cheaper in Walmart :D............... lol .......... no bite !

But forsure always best to support your local retailer .

TimBucTwo 05-25-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock (Post 1058627)
Cheaper in Walmart :D............... lol .......... no bite !

The writers got this one wrong, should have been Walmart.

I was trying to point out that you DON'T have to go to Walmart to buy Seafoam. You somehow fail to mention other stores. lol
YouTube - ‪Kmart Sucks!‬‏