CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   Risers (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/risers-52175/)

HARDCORP 8654 10-21-2007 09:13 PM

RE: Risers

this was postway back on lowered foot pegs if necessary due to your height if you think it's aissue here is the best fix for lowered foot pegs and it does work on the 1000F

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32241

SlickWilly 10-23-2007 02:28 AM

ORIGINAL: pacojoseph

Look into telefix profi bars, which I have on my 95 and which are multi adjustable and which I have raised up enough to completely take the weight off of my wrists. The are also much cheaper than the convetibars. Try here http://www.spec2.com/clips.html#clips .
Paco, have been trying unsuccessfully to get a hold of these guys since you turned me on to them earlier.

If you call the # listed you get a recording saying they are busy after the move and to please e-mail for info but the message is so hard to hear you can't understand the e-mail address!

I've tried every possible combination and they all come back???

Any suggestions??

Thanks

pacojoseph 10-23-2007 04:47 AM

I didn't get my bars from them, I got em used on ebay. Anyhow, if you're in a hurry try these guys- a bit more expensive though. http://www.whaccessories.com/Handle%20Bar%20Telefix.htm Also, note I have the "profi" bars- they also show the "racer" bars but I believe the pic of them is wrong- the pic is also of the profi bars. Try googleing Telefix to try and fing their website, they're in Germany or Austria I think.

pacojoseph 10-23-2007 04:51 AM

Ok, I looked again and they are the "racer" bars, they don't have the same rise as the profi. Anyhow, I can't comment as to how well they (racer bars) would work on our bikes.

SlickWilly 10-23-2007 07:37 AM

Thanks Paco

Found them on your link.

I have been googling them and searching both ways on e-bay w/no success.

R1000 10-23-2007 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: BayAreaRider

Anyone have any experience with these (convertibars) risers? For some wrist relief on a 87 F. Looks like the Universal 41mm set would work and mounted above the triple clamp like OEM's. Concerned with clearance of the clutch/brake reseviors and the upper cowl.
regards-

http://convertibars.com/photos.cfm?Make=76
I totally agree with post(s) above; the CBR 1000 F is an incredibly comfy bike that will not wear out any rider that have captured the basic riding skills, which takes time for any person and the first year on a bike is not enough. The Blackbird that also is said to be comfy, and for sureit is, does not play in the same division regarding highcomfort as the CBR 1000 F. I've fixed my Bird so it is close to the 1KF body position, and this is great since I now have the best attributesfrom two generations.

The development of a good body positioning during various riding conditions will take a few years to establish. The body must also be in a reasonably good condition so one doesn’t bear office illnesses like a sour neck or a weak body. Luckily, such problems will diminish the more one ride. A good andunharmful way to keep the body fit is to swim once or more a week. That will make a huge difference compared to just drive the car and sit behind a desk or lay on the sofa.

The only sign of body wear that should be noted when riding a CBR 1000 F is some wood-taste on the butt, in case there is no extra softening material on the stock saddle. Any mods to get a more upright position will just make the body to catch more wind that also makes the bike unstable at speed. Basically, it is just a matter to get used to the bike and toride relaxed.

pacojoseph 10-23-2007 04:10 PM

Allright, I/m going to totally disagree with everything above. Let's remember how this thread started- bayarearider wanted some comments on convertibars compatability to the 1000f. I gave him an alternative to the convertibars, bars which are similar in concept to the convertibars and which happen to be significantly cheaper and which I know work on our bikes. You guys are basically telling him to join a gym or a swimclub. I don't know where you guys live or ride, but I know it's not where I live. I'm live in the center of the big city and EVERY intersection around here (where I do most of my riding) has either a stoplight or a 4 way stopsign. I rarely get out of second gear around here. The bars were the first thing to go when I bought my bike, since the weight they put on my wrists when having to brake every 150 yards or so was simply brutal. Ride on the balls of my feet around here- I think not. Its not exactly the best position to be in in the event I have to make a panic stop.
I am assuming that bayarearider, by his name, lives in or around San Francisco and has similar problems as I had. Some of you guys are saying how comfortable the 1000 is (with stock bars). HUH? I've owned 8 bikes (all nakeds or standards) in over thirty years of riding, and I can safely say that my 1000 was (with the stock bars) by far the least comfotrtable bike I've owned . Maybe you guys are only used to riding Ninjas and GSXR's, in which case maybe the big CBR is relatively comfortable, but compared to almost anything else out there, that's kind of ridiculous. Can anyone name a bike that was specifically designed for comfort, i.e. either one of the full blown touring bikes or a late model Japanese sport tourer, that has bars as low as the 1000's stock bars? Do any of the late model naked bikes, many of which have more power, are lighter and handle better than our bikes, have bars as low? Furthermore, I found that the stock bars made it much harder to check my blindspot before changing lanes, which is rule numero uno in my safe riding book.
Lastly, the aftermarket bars on my bike are ADJUSTABLE. I can raise them up or lower them at will. All it takes is an allen wrench and a minute of my time. Sometimes you want to back road blast and sometimes you just want to go to the store to pick up a pack of smokes. It was clear to me when I had the stock bars that they were MUCH more tolerable running down the highway at speed than they were in stop and go city traffic. So, bayarearider, forget the gym membership and get the bars that suit your riding needs. I recomend the telefix bars because I KNOW THEY WORK ON OUR BIKES. As to the convertibars, I can't say.

R1000 10-23-2007 04:44 PM

I agree that an upright riding position at low speeds in town is superior to the more lean forward position that is needed either to drive with some pace or to be able to have high corner speeds that are controlled. In case the bike is just used just for commuting at low speed in high-populated areas with a lot of 90 degree turns and a lot of go-no-go traffic a more upright position is much better. Not to mention the better 360-degree vision that you point out, which is more difficult on a sport type bike.

I might even choose a Vespa for commuting in town, to which a sport-tourer is never meant for at all.

The bars on a GSX R and Bird are by far lower than on the CBR 1000F, that is a very good compromise between comfort and sport for me.

dad 10-23-2007 07:14 PM

Well, there you have it! :)I recently bought a new to me '90 which came with raised bars. I will gladly exchange them for a perfect set of stockers.

pacojoseph 10-23-2007 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: dad

Well, there you have it! :)I recently bought a new to me '90 which came with raised bars. I will gladly exchange them for a perfect set of stockers.
What kind of raised bars?