CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Risers

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Risers

Anyone have any experience with these (convertibars) risers? For some wrist relief on a 87 F. Looks like the Universal 41mm set would work and mounted above the triple clamp like OEM's. Concerned with clearance of the clutch/brake reseviors and the upper cowl.
regards-

http://convertibars.com/photos.cfm?Make=76

Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Default RE: Risers

I haven't seen any, I wonder if the additional length for the brake and clutch lines and the throttle cable is a problem.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Friend and Hero ...

I do a little leg work for you. Here is a cheaper solution to your problem if you're interested, and as far as the riders position on the CBRF it is one of the most relaxed and comfortable riders positions. I have ridden in years, Suzuki damn well put you over on the tank Kawasaki is about in the same boat. And the R 1 Yamaha doesn't weigh under 400 pounds for no reason. Just wondering if you are practicing proper technique. Your not supposed to lean on those bars. You need to transfer the weight to the ***** of your feet but if you are practicing proper technique and still uncomfortable. Check out this link

https://cbrforum.com/m_354859/tm.htm

Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 AM

Hi HARDCORP 8654
Could you explain the proper riding technique you mentioned in more detail? My hands start to fell uncomfortable after about 15 min.

Steve

Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Default RE: Numbness

Had the same problem with the hands going numb after 15 minutes of driving.
After adjusting the balancer shaft it reduced a lot. Use the search function on the forum. There have been a few topics about this already. I followed one and found it to be very easy to adjust.

Had the bike dyno-tuned a few months ago where they synchronised the carbs and now its all gone.
Now I can drive for hours without any numbness.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Default RE: Numbness

I've always believed you ride a bikewith your legs. Keeps control and stability lower to the ground. Always found it gave less fatigue particularly when riding off road bikes for miles and miles through bush and rough terrain.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I suggest you start with this thread and pay close attention to what dad is trying to explain. If it does not clarify the matter for you. I will upload page 18 from "Sport Riding Techniques" by Nick Ienatsch. I suggest reading the whole book for yourself. It is one of several I would recommend, I would also recommend if you have not taken the MSF course the basic or the advanced it is a wise investment

https://cbrforum.com/m_125249/tm.htm

Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 PM

Look into telefix profi bars, which I have on my 95 and which are multi adjustable and which I have raised up enough to completely take the weight off of my wrists. The are also much cheaper than the convetibars. Try here http://www.spec2.com/clips.html#clips .

Old 10-20-2007, 08:04 AM

Have you tried larger foam grips they are softer on your hands.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Noe

I fell I have to comment on "correct riding technigues".
A lot of it is right, you have use your legs and put pressure on the pegs tolift your upper body, BUT when your a tall bloke like me (190cm) the lenght of the bodty that is above the seat (most of the torso)puts more pressure on the wrists the longer your torso is... Thats simple math (beam principle).
So taller riders may put more pressuer on their wrists, and they have a more cramped leg possition than smaller riders. One of my freinds is 10 inches shorter than me, and is perfectly comfortable on my bike without any mods, but I certainly can use that extra cm with new pegs. I use correct riding techniques, and I know that, because if I don't, the bike can bepainfull to my whrists and arms when riding longer trips...

So the matter of "correct riding techniques" does apply to some extent, but we just have to remember that people are built different, and not all of us are built over a small "Valentino Rossie" frame... And some of us have great use of bare risers, Airhawks, other pegs, taller screens ect, on longer trips.

Just my humble opinion

Noe

Quick Reply: Risers