CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Please help

Old 01-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Hello guys.
I Need help. I have a CBR1000F 1990.
I bought a crankshaft of a CBR1000 1996 and now need all bearings,
but I can not interpret the Service manual to buy.
Anyone can help me?
These are the numbers that have the crank shaft L111111 L AA AA
Thank you very much.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 AM
Old 01-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Hello, thanks for your help.
from what I understand
I have to ask then, all the bearings with the letter A.
Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Thanks

Old 01-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When you machine cases and bearing surfaces they are machined to tolerances. The crank shaft bearing caps are cut off the casting and then machined flat and reinstalled. Then they are line bored to a tolerance of + or - a predetermined dimension. The same holds true for the connecting rods. If the crankcase is machined to the lesser dimension (smaller hole) and crank to the larger dimension, You would need a thinner bearing. If The line bore on the case is to the upper tolerance (larger holes) and the crank to the lower tolerance, you would need thicker bearings.

You have to play the same game with the connection rod bearings as the old rods may not match the new crank.

With this said, You need to check the Crankcase I.D. code on the left side of the crankcase to find what the line bore for your engine is. A, B or C. You have all 1's, all six main journals are the same dimension, so you need to check the bearing code from the first line. You would need Pink (thin), Yellow (middle) or Green (thick).

The same for the rod bearings. You need to check each connecting rod for the code. They are machined separately. Your crank is marked AAAA so all four rod bearing journals on the crank are the same. If your rod code is a 1 you need Yellow, if you find a 2 you need Green for that rod.

I hope you understand as it is very important to get the proper bearing installed or you will trash the bearings.

If you can report back with the case code and all the rod codes, we can tell you what bearings to order.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 01-20-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Search this Thread