CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Paint mix formula.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint mix formula.

I, well, she's running prety well even at idle now. I put in a replacement fuel pump and relay and something died after 28 miles so I eliminated them as sugested. Now I'm in to the cosmetics. If I can match the original silver I'm just going to spray the side covers but if not I'll do a custom job. Would anyone happen to have the formula for the silver mix? The Honda paint code will not help but with the mix formula I can have a batch mixed at my supplier. That's for an 88 CBR 1000F. Thanks

Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM

Hope this might help you.
Motorcycle Paint - ColorRite

Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunatly, they don't list the silver, only a red and a blue. I imagine they might come up with the silver but I doubt it will be compatable with the clear etc. that I have, and to get all of their system would be very pricey. I'm going in to town this morning so I'll go by the only supplier in the entire area and see if they can come up with a match. If they do I'll post the formula for the silver mix. I use Chromabase, a Dupont product, and have everything I need but the base color already. I'll let you know what happens.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It may be Zeus silver...........
if so

Dupont Performance Coatings

Formula Report

Color Owner HONDA MOTORCYCLES Quality CENTARI 6000
Paint Code NH-287M Lead (Pb) Free Y
Thanks to Sprock

Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM

Well, I had the paint shop put a piece on their spectrometor and bought the base coat so I'll see when I'm ready for the base. I havn't primed it yet but it's ready. I just have to wait for the weather to clear. I have to pick my day and shoot outside. Now I have to get three decals, the two 1000's for the sides and the strip for the tank that goes between the colors. Would anyone have a sugestion as to where to find the decals? My local dealer doesn't show them as available and I did a search here and came up with nothing. Or, perhaps I should make a new post for them?

Last edited by Jim T; 02-29-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 02-29-2012, 04:38 PM

Very odd, I posted an answer an hour or two ago and it's not here. I checked out the sites and they were the wrong color for my bike. I've been tearing my hair out searching on google to no avail. The only promising site I've found is down for maintenance. The Nighthawk forum sugested S&S Decals but I can't seem to find them. I guess I'll keep trying. It's too late to go back now as I've purchaced the, I hope, stock paint match. The only one I'm worried about is the one for the tank because mine is missing and the glue will not come off even with acitone/ Goo Gone/Wd 40 etc.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
It may be Zeus silver...........
if so

Dupont Performance Coatings

Formula Report

Color Owner HONDA MOTORCYCLES Quality CENTARI 6000
Paint Code NH-287M Lead (Pb) Free Y

........ now where'd that come from

Shadow
My bad - corrected. Sorry Sprock

Edit : stealthy - I like it no worries

Last edited by Sprock; 03-01-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM

going back to the decals...I have bought a set from this supplier...good gear would do fine for anyone.....and they come in lots of colours..not just red.
What colour do you need Jim ?

Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 AM

The 1000 decals for the side fairings were black and I imagine the tank stripe would have been as well. The tank piece was missing when I bought the bike. It goes on the darker color at the paint separation line and around the whole tank. I think that one is going to be a problem. Is good gear the name of the company? This sounds promising.

Quick Reply: Paint mix formula.