CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Paint codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint codes

Just doing some research before I order paint for my old girl. My 87 is the one that's mainly white with a lesser amount of red. The ColoRrite web site shows the 87 as black & red. The earliest year as having white (according to ColorRite) is 1990. The color is listed as Pearl Crystal White code NH193P. Is this the the same as what was used on the 87? The last thing I want to do is have the two parts mixed only to find out it's completely wrong.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure there aren't paint codes somewhere on the bike?

Also, if you're only planning on painting part of the bike, you may have a hard time matching the 22yr old paint anyway, even with the right color.
But if you're painting the whole bike, I wouldn't think it would really matter that much if you just got the later year white.
Just my $ .02

Old 07-01-2009, 01:31 AM

The codes were on the bike but the sticker washed off years ago, or maybe that was my old land cruiser?? Anyway valid point. Considering the bike is a daily rider the old paint will have faded & yep ...I'll do it all.
Cheers Kilgoretrout.
ps. Good $0.02 worth

Old 07-01-2009, 04:24 AM

You're not going blind. I have never posted a complete photo of my old girl. Hopefully she will be on the road in the near future though then I may put one up. Built a new exhaust to try. If it does what I want then I may have it professionally done. Sounds just a little better than the standard sewing machine.
Anyway most of the plastic repair is done @ a cost of $40.00 so far. Other than paint maybe another $20.00 to finish the plastic.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Administrator - Retired

I wonder if it has anything to do with where you both live? Hmmm..

Sounds like you're doing pretty good in the money department, bluebeard!
Good luck on the rest of it, hope it all goes smoothly..

I was looking around the net for a bike like you describe, and came up with one I had never seen before. We didn't get them here in the US, I don't think...
Sharp looking bike, though...

Is this what yours looks like?

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 07-01-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a brilliant 87/88 model - really nice !

Old 07-01-2009, 05:55 PM

I agree. That is a nice one.These early ones are completely different to the later ones too. They're smaller & some of the components are located in different places too. Mine looked like that once upon a time but not since I've had it. It's closer to this now. Lots of holes & cracks. Many you can't see which are the worst ones. It's also out of shape too but a little heat seems to allow me to flex it back. It'll never be perfect but I hope the end result will not too bad.

Attached Thumbnails Paint codes-tmpphpmfv6gd.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Administrator - Retired

Yep, that's a little hurt.
Have you considered straying from the stock colors and going with something else? It might be fun!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Definitely a lot hurt & yes I have thought many times of changing to a different color scheme. Only one problem. That little voice of reason says NO. You know the one??? The one that gives you the bald spot on the top of your head!!! She wants it left as is & to be honest even though it's my bike sometimes it pays to keep the peace especially after the accident that caused the damage in the photo.

Quick Reply: Paint codes