CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Not sure what to do with it.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure what to do with it.

Ladies and gentlemen of the CBR forum. I have not posted much here since I am new to this model but I have read a lot and was able or resurrect my 87 hurricanes from the near dead. However I am now faced with a dilemma, I have two of them one running and looking quite well and one that it is basically parts. The problem is it is time to move on and find another bike to ride. That being said I should have listed it in the for sale / parts bike section but it looked like all newer stuff to me and I know that the old bikes parts are hard to find. So this is what I have 1987 hurricane 1000. The engine seems complete minus the starter, I have turned the crank by hand but it only moved about an inch in a half maybe two at most. I did take the valve cover off and it looks clean but I am not sure what the problem is with the motor. Most of the plastics are pretty beat up. However the tail and cowling look to be ok, a few cracks but nothing unrepair able. The seat is in great condition but I think it was recovered at one time. Tires, rims, brake all look street able. The gas tank looks good a small ding the size of a pea but the inside needs to be acid washed and possible coated. I think there was a small leak in the front right side on the bottom buy the seam. Did I mention that it has a 4-1 Vance and Hines exhaust, I had it on my bike but I went back to stock, I did repack it though. And best of all I do have a clear Florida title for the bike. I would really prefer not to part it out since space is something that I just don’t have. So I am willing to sell the whole thing for just $500.00. I know that the exhaust alone will fetch close to $200 I just don’t want to deal with taking things apart and boxing and shipping. I live in Sarasota Florida. 34231

Old 11-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Not sure what to do with it.

Good deal for someone in your area !
Hope it finds a home here on the Forum - plenty of good 87/88 models around.
As this is your first post - a warm welcome !
Post up some pics of your bike......

Old 11-25-2008, 06:21 AM

shame I cant afford it, I'd love to have a Hurricane 1000 to compliment my 600F. I have this habit of adopting bikes in need of surgery, and providing the surgical time/labor to make them run and ride nicely again.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 AM

damn!!! another sweet deal to far from me!! good luck with your sell...

Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM

Thanks fopr the replyies, I know exactly how everyone feels with the not close enought for me thing, I have built and rebuilt a 78 sohc cb750 chopper, Not what they call choppers but a real one, not turns, girder front end, if the laws said it was not needed it was not on it. an 82 yamaha xj 650 , xs 650 and a 99 yamaha R1 ( miss that bike) , and a 82 gs1150. But that is what I like to do. I may have been a little to upfront on the bike. I will gladly entertain offers and I wouild not have a problem helping in the delivery to a resonable distance for an intrested party. If you are intrested , really intresated feel free to give me a shout. 941-270-1033. I do have a running 87 that can be sold if needed or traded for the right bike and or price.

Gary
No calls after 10:00 pm any time aftger 4 am is ok