CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Motorcycle Laws - How does your part of the world compare ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing like that in Montana that I know of. While an occasional sport / sport tourer has loud pipes, most of the annoyingly loud bikes are Harleys. All anyone does about them is gripe. No legal action. We did have one or two sport bike riders in town that would do wheelies, but they graduated from high school and moved on.

Pretty quiet around here.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Kinda like those dipchits in their POS civics and cavaliers who slap on a cheap "performance" can and then think they have a racecar that everyone should be envious of.
That's what I meant about the illusion of speed. Over here in University City (aka nicer West Philly). The bikes sound fast but are rarely hitting 40 mph. Not sure I want to hear them at 10k+. At redline I'd worry the bike (or the rider's teeth) are gonna go nuclear

Harleys aren't rearlly a problem over hear. The coeds don't seem to be into the grungy Harley stereotype

Old 11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CBR1988
I do live in one, but its perspective, we have 4 airports, 3 military posts/camps/ ranges, 2 major trucking lines, constant construction, 3 raceways, 4 dragstrips, 2 concert areas, 35 golf courses, 30 Sr/Jr high schools and around a half a million folks within 30 miles. So even in the quietest area there is still a lot of noise from other activities nearby so a loud bike would only bother me if he was doing an Italian tune up near my house when I am trying to sleep.

That is the biggest quiet little village I have ever heard of lol

Old 11-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well all you lucky ones living outside Scandinavia... We have really strickt laws for bikes and cars here... One cant change practically nothing... We have inspection on cars every year, and cops have rights to inspect motorbikes in the road.. It seems to be kinda like wild west on that, so if your face doesnt make cops happy, they take your license plates away, and you need to have a costly and strickt inspection. One can paint bike as you please, but cant do any structural changes on Frame and etc. Cops seem to hate loud bikes, so the bikes mostly are stock... the ones that make any sound seem to be under the radar all the time... So welcome to Finland yall... Land of thousand lakes (60000 to be exact) and even more cops...

Old 11-25-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by davethepom
The 'roos also hear me coming and look up so I see them sooner.
Exactly Dave, I find it's the same for me at those times of day on my way to and from work. I've hit a few in the car but (touch wood) not on the bike.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I know we have all done this, doesn't make it right.

OK. So as many bikers have for years, including myself, I parked in my usual spot in front of Walmart. This is something I have done many, many times to include in front of Jacksonville PD. I have even waved to them in the past and them back to me (I am that kind of guy - respect for the uniform and authority).
Well according to the officer that ticketed me this evening this is not true. She was kind enough to ticket me for parking in a handicap parking spot that is clearly marked as such (according to her).
I disagree seeing that I am clearly parked in between the 2 blue lines that indicate the handicapped loading areas. I could accept this if the ticket was for simply parking inappropriately but not in a handicapped space.
I get it though. The city has to generate revenue and apparently it has to be at my expense. Another portion of my argument that if they wanted to change a behavior pattern of bikers, they should do it initially with warning tickets and not by condoning over a period of years. The whole inspect what you expect concept was totally lost on this officer.
So thus I will have to take it to the DA. The NC manual does not provide clarification on this other than the area marked off by the blue lines to be the designated area. Again, I am clearly in between these areas.

I got this off another site. I am sure he/she is aware that they ride a Harley.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
I parked in my usual spot in front of Walmart.
Theres the problem right there. DON'T GO TO WALMART!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sayyy Whuuuuuuut ! ....... best place for rain pants , rotella and white box ammo ever

anyway back to the topic

for me it should be interesting getting these bikes inspected this coming year with the new
laws...... but I'm prepared ......... my new exhausts will not fail DB wise , because they'll
have DB Killers fitted

Last edited by Sprock; 11-27-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:35 PM

wow. I'm glad I don't have to deal with this where I live. we Have Bikes, Blue's and BBQ's over here so for them to try to strict motorcycles to to much of a level would screw them with how much business they get during that time of year.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Some laws pass and others are.....just plane stupid and die. Like back around 1968 when New York State wanted to put seat-belts on motorcycles.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Laws - How does your part of the world compare ?