CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

More sad days

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, bit of an update,

Firstly my apologies to those of you who thought you were finally getting rid of me, ‘cos it aint happening hehehe.

I have however given in, put the bike back together with liberal amounts of exhaust gum, as it will seal it up for long enough to let me ride until the impending winter.

Over winter I will remove the engine and get it on a pillar drill, I think it is the ONLY way I will be able to drill out the studs accurately and without breaking my back.

I will finish my wheel renovation but the rest of the cosmetic mods can happen over the next few years rather than the next 6 months (Yes I now I am just trying to justify not selling it, but it’s working for me so Sssshhh lol).

A couple of things have made me change my mind, firstly my XKR project is cancelled due to work closing down my site and making (almost) everyone redundant I am one of the lucky ones, but mainly because I have met someone I am getting along with very well and she loves bikes. Its amazing how quickly a guys mind can change eh ? lol.

Thanks for all your help and encouragement

Old 09-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that is double good news, the good lady friend and the bike and no redundancy.
Very good indeed. Cause for celebration I'd say.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear it, Harry!!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, no
A LADY Hamster................................EEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEK .
Good one mate, keep both ladies...........what a bargain !!!
Just as far as the studs go, can't you just pull the heads off and save all the rest of the work involved in pulling the complete motor out of the frame ?
I've not done the heads on a Hurricane, but.....................

Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry_T_Hamster
but mainly because I have met someone I am getting along with very well and she loves bikes. Its amazing how quickly a guys mind can change eh ? lol.
Isn't it amazing how the mind changes when the thought of a pair of female legs wrapped around you comes to mind - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Welcome back harry - as previously stated - if you need a hand with the lifting or spanner work - give me a shout.

I got a dig in the ribs on sunday as the pegs went down on the blackbird two up !! - she's quite in to the bike now and has realised how stable it is with two on.

Shall have to sort out a roadtrip again - with pillions this time

Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We now need to retitle this thread "More Happy Days".

Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Harry , I knew you'd see sense in the end!

Yeah when some girls got her legs wrapped around your neck , it kinda cuts off the blood supply a little , helps you see things more clearly

But seriously , pound for pound you'll get more bang for your buck from the bike! The price of petrol and repairs on a Jag will be huge , even if you converted it to run LPG , costs would be frightening!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Harry , I knew you'd see sense in the end!

Yeah when some girls got her legs wrapped around your neck , it kinda cuts off the blood supply a little , helps you see things more clearly

But seriously , pound for pound you'll get more bang for your buck from the bike! The price of petrol and repairs on a Jag will be huge , even if you converted it to run LPG , costs would be frightening!

yeah :-( I know (geez you sound like my mom)

The good news for you mate is that if you just need the fork tubes they are yours - I bought the forks because I wanted the lowers. Shall we say 50p +the cost of postage ?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Originally Posted by Harry_T_Hamster
yeah :-( I know (geez you sound like my mom)

The good news for you mate is that if you just need the fork tubes they are yours - I bought the forks because I wanted the lowers. Shall we say 50p +the cost of postage ?
Harry your a DIAMOND GEEZER! I don't care what the other guys say , your all right by me!! PM on the way

Quick Reply: More sad days