CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Missing Horses.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a thread on here to show how to take the carbs off and cut out the rubber restrictions on the carb boots

Old 08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Default French Horse Hunt

Two posibbilities :

1) They have gone completely into hiding and will reappear when all the fuss has died down.

2) They have collaborated with a German market bike and some lucky owner there now has 160 hp.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:35 PM

I have a German market '93 cbr1000fp,i had a few probs with it at first which led me to take the carbs off and i found 4 aluminium restrictor plates in the rubber inlet mainfolds the carbs mount on.
They sit in a recess and a tug with a pair of pliers soon sorted them out.I have found out the slow jets and main jet will be the wrong size,if derestricting you will need to up the jet size,i bought a Dynojet kit as i am in the process of getting some titanium race cans fitted so needed the adaptability of the jet kit but you can order the slow and main jets from off the net,i got my slow jets(size #42) from PJM Motorsports in the USA,they were really good to deal with and fast shipping,alot cheaper than buying here in the UK.
It will run ok with the jet sizes already in the carbs if you pull the restrictors out but will be lean,to get the full 135bhp you would need to get the full power jet sizes,the workshop pdf on this site will have the correct jet sizes in the carb section,just make sure you read the sizes from a country with full power,GB is best bet,
kind regards,GN

Old 08-08-2010, 01:32 PM

Umm...the missing 30? I don't know the answer to your question, but if yours is missing 30hp, then everyone else's is missing 15-18. There isn't a CBR1000F on Earth that makes anywhere near 130hp (without nitrous, a turbo, or some bonkers motor work).

Seriously though, I think the easiest way is to replace the carbs, intake boots, and ECU with those of a nonrestricted bike. I don't _think_ the cams or anything else is different.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Default Different cams

Dave,
If you look at the shop manuel on this site you'll see that there are atleast 3 different sets of cams from the factory. It depends on which country the bike was first sold as to which cams you get. The US cams are not listed here and I forget if they correspond directly to one of the euro sets.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

French Horses?

I think they ate them :-)

Old 08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you in manchester mate?

Quick Reply: Missing Horses.