CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Looking for parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for parts

but i always put hot water in it in the morning to warm it up
I think he is running water only - I hope so.

puffin04, if you are running water only cause it's leaking out, I would run an occasional antifreeze throughonce in a while, antifreeze also has an anti corrosion inhibitor in it.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez, Mark I hope so too............
So a cooling barb is a pipe connector ? Who'd have guessed it.........?.
Just have the bloody thing brazed back on, if that's all it is......[8D]
And if it IS the pipe connectors he's referring to, and they've broken off, hes certainly running a dry motor.......yikes.........he'd be better off with water but no circulation, at least for a while.....block off the pipes and get the thing stripped down..........

Well, I guess when it happens, he can always toast marshmallows on the engine.........[X(]

Old 11-08-2008, 01:26 AM

Wow so many replies i cant even believe it. LOL Yes i am running straight water everytime i get on the bike and it just slowly leaks out from the side. I maybe ride it 15 min at the longest each time i hope on. The water that i am running is Ro/DI since i have a system in the house for my coral tanks. This is what is broken or well crushed, its called the SKU: 19508-MS2-000
JOINT, WATER HOSE (Honda Code 3373263)
Name:  3200AGif.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  41.8 KB
I am looking for this and the left side aluminum oil cover since mine is well half missing but turned it upside down and jb weld it to work. It still leak a little bit of oil and of course right on my show. Thanks

Steffen Sparks

Old 11-08-2008, 01:28 AM

Name:  3200AGif.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  41.8 KB

Old 11-08-2008, 01:36 AM

I am not going to lie my bike is not even worth the tires that it rides on. There is no fairing on it and the head light is busted out, the forks are blowned, tires need to be changed, no rear brakes at all not even the rotor or caliper. What has been done to it is it has a vince and hines exhaust with no baffles at all, The big bore kit, k&n filter, new chain and sprockets, and the set has been redone. I am going to go through the carbs again to clean them out and change the spark plugs since it is hard to start in the cold morning. Also got a new battery from a RC51 guy as well. It still idles great and has never left me. It does have the chain chain rattle which does go away after warmed up. Its a great little bike and for all the abuse it has been through i am very impressed and will not give her up. Thanks

Steffen Sparks

Old 11-08-2008, 01:39 AM

Also i have been running without coolant and oil leak for over three months. Engine still fells strong and does not feel hot as well. Thanks

Steffen Sparks

Quick Reply: Looking for parts