CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Just got back from Canada...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from Canada...

... and had the most fantastic time! I found the Canadians to be the most wonderful, friendly and genuine people; I really was sad to return to England. I went to Guelph, an hour from Toronto for a court case. managed to get in a trip to a very cold Niagara Falls and also to Toronto itself. The Falls were amazing; we had hail stones raining down on us whilst we stood in awe at the frozen river below, complete with a rainbow!

I would love to go back to Canada, but can now see why you guys do not ride in the winter!!!

Name:  IMGP0021.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  53.3 KB

Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Default RE: Just got back from Canada...

Wow, you got me with the first pic! awesome.
Congrats on your trip, now I understand better why they don't ride in winter as well! that second pic inside the car looks like it could've been taken in russia [:-]

Old 02-21-2008, 05:34 AM

Nice pictures indeed...[sm=signs007.gif]
Shows a bit what winters about, One day....nice and beautiful ,the other day windy and treacherous.
Must be nice to be back in a rainy GB...

Old 02-21-2008, 06:08 AM

Well you should see Montreal and the maritimes...on top we have the most beautiful women in Montreal !

LOL

Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Dragon64

Well you should see Montreal and the maritimes...on top we have the most beautiful women in Montreal !

LOL
Good, butwhat is the score ona scale 1 to 10 ? :-)

Old 02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, well, So you've finally decided to show your face again, have you, after spending all the Brit taxpayer's money swanning around the frozen Canadas, enjoying yourself.............[sm=guilty.gif]
Good to see you're back in good old rainy Britain safe and sound, Phil Mate ....
The lack of comment from the Flogger for the past two weeks was a bit depressing.....
Nice pics too..!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:44 AM

Yes, the French have some real lookers, but dont pass up the Maritimes yet, boys....they have their share of 10's, just too bad they have to bundle up to brave the weather. But we have some of the"nicest" beaches around. Thats where I'll be hangin my helmet all Summer!!

Nice pics Flogger. Funny story, I just watched Canadian Bacon (with John Candy) last night and it was filmed in Niagra falls. Pretty good canuck movie and pretty funny too. Give it a watch sometime. Yes the Winters here are coming to and end so we'll be out soon riding the pot-hole filled roads the snowplows left behind!

Dragon64, Are you a Habs fan? Can you get me any tickets for any games up your way??

Here's a picturefrom last year...

[IMG]local://upfiles/23307/42B115962FD14FD38B14707FBDF4F344.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23307/A4B9CC5FDF384E43997BEDCCCFC51B2B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-21-2008, 08:21 PM

Hey!! Watch it guys, my daughter goes to university in Montreal. Hmm, well, she is very good looking (takes after her mother) but still... just watch it!!

We are having a pretty harsh winter this year but on the plus side, the skiing is great.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 AM

the Maritimes are quite incredible. Been to Nova sscotia, New Brunswick and P.E.I. gill tell me which Montreal does not support the habs, They are a religion over here lol ! ithink they make the front page of papers more often than politicians.. As for the tickets i work besides the bell center, but for 80$ you LL get a ticket way up there , better to see them on tv. But if you wan memoribilia tatcan be arranged !

And as for the women, you have to come in summer as for winter they are all overed up , idsay they range from 7 to 10 most of the time...and the nightlife here is quite increduble, t is one of the few big cities in North Americawhere you can walk outside late at night feeling secure.

Have a good day !

Gill , Griffin, if you pass by here let me know,I know a few places you might like !

Old 02-22-2008, 07:02 AM

Personally, I'm a Bruins fan (Dragon wont talk to me anymore!) but my GF is a huge Habs fan. She would kill to see them play at the Bell Center.She just finished her French traininglast month. I cant speak French to save my life!!I visited Montreal back in 85, before the roof was put on to the Olympic Stadium, and you had a ball team...hehe (stupid move)

I'm actually heading up to Ottawa in July for a ride to visit a friend, do some sailing and stuff. I have never drove to Ottawa before, always flew, so riding up should be interesting. I may be going right by Montreal on my way. are there any better routes to Ottawa than the TC that are nice? I get tired of highway riding and would like to stay on the secondary roads if possible.

Quick Reply: Just got back from Canada...