CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Intercom systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Noe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Intercom systems

I'm just wondering if there is any updates on this post ?

Was57. I can see thet you have returned from your christmas trip. Do you have any new thougths on the Nolan ?

Old 01-07-2007, 05:34 PM

Hi Noe, well firstly had a FANTASTIC Trip did 5,000 Kls on old red bike and she loved every minute of the ride, was never pulled over for License check whatever so thought that was good too.

Okay the Nolan they have worked like a treat. We had one small problem near Ballina the 2.5 mm jack played up so I transfered the controls to my wifes helmet and all was good the battery lasted for about 3 days before needing a recharging at night ( 3 Hours ), when we were coming back home I called into Noosaville where I bought them and he replaced the part no problem, I think it is a design fault, with the leads flapping around all the time in the wind and it has a 90 degree 2.5 mm jack and with the pulling in and out. So now i have simply placed tape around the jack on my wifes helmet so all she does is hooks to mine which is a 3.5 mm jack. In Hindsight I would have gone to the blue tooth, simply so I didn't have a wire to my wife and then a wire down to the iPod or my mobile I still have the option but it will cost a further $ 400.00 well see, as the system works fine it was great being able to talk no more nano sleeps !!!! she would remind me of the speed limit and also pending speed cameras saved me once !! Ill never live that down, also talking about the country side etc made a long trip very easy, I found on a long trip you tend to talk to yourself and you also start hearing noises and think is the oil level okay etc etc Paranoid sets in ! I really would but another Nolan and I don't see how they could improve the N Com system except for that 2.5 mm jack.

Wazza

Old 01-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Hi Collector just a note to let you know we got 12,400 Kls from our Bridgestone Batlax BT 20 and thats mostly with two up and we both are 6 feet odd and 5,000 of them had a further 40 kilos of luggage I wouldnt call myself a road racer but then we didnt stand still either had to chang ea tyre in Armadlae and all they had was a Pilot road so will compare the two by june this year, I alos believe Bridgestone have bought out a BT 21 appearenty it has a harder centre rubber for theose long trips.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Noe

Sounds great!

I willdefinitelytry out the Nolan in the spring.

Did you listen to some music on the trip, and how was the sound in the Nolan on the long run ?

BTW: Great trip you had there, read about it in another thread. Sounds like great fun, and glad to hear thatthe the old Canemanaged so well! Just one hell of a sports-tourer :-)
Going the theAlpes myself this summer to visit Hitlerssummer-house, the Eagels Nest as seen in Band of Brothers.
I want that Nolan and the N-com to entertain my ears with a lot of musiconGerman freeways the way down...

Old 01-07-2007, 06:13 PM

We listed to a bit also used my Nokia to listen to FM in the citys, ole Red bike took it in her stride, in a few places I let her stretch her legs out took her up to 220 Kls even fully loaded she didnt even blink a Rev just wanted to eat the road ahead. Funny we bumped into 3 riders two on Harleys and one on a GSX100R we talked a little but didnt hang around as I felt we might slow them down ( Im 50 and my wifes 45 ) anyway by the time we got to Toowomba booked a motel got unpacked, I walked out side to do something and they had finally arrived about 3/4 of an hour after us, as it turned out we all had tea at the local pub they were saying they got caught in the rain WHAT RAIN ???? we missed it completly, I saw it coming so pushed ole ed bike a bit harder. Also coming along the Sydney Newcastle expressway I had this little Maxda 6 go past us and I was getting a bit bored at the straight road so I gave it a bit of curry. I just kept passing it, and then she got ****ty and roared past me so I roared past her ( The stay tuned sound great at 9,000 RPM ) anyway this went on for ages she was geting the ****s so after a while I just slowed down and let her go, had my fun and her day looked ruined dont think she has ever been past 160 before. Hahah.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Noe, do yourself a favour for the long trips buy your self a crusie control they are great it cost me 45 Bucks and my wrists thanked me all the time we were away, and also I was then able to take photos along the way. All I did was line it up on the hyway press the lever down and away she went took a tiny bit to set the screw to hold it down but after that well !!! if anything happened it was a simple fick of the finger and I was in control again easy !

[IMG]local://upfiles/7739/20DEFCD0110A4819A78F1DB852A357F5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Noe

Got one all ready They really do the trick on the longer trips !