CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Intercom systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercom systems

I have had a heap of heartache trying different intercom systems between rider and passenger and today my problems are solved. I bought two Nolan N 102 Flip helmets and had them kitted out with the N - Com communications system. I took my CBR up to 190 today and could hear my wife as clear as day SLOW DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly recommend this system as I have spent a lot of money in finding the right one, plus I can answer my mobile listen to the iPod and hook my Navman up to it as well.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Default RE: Intercom systems

Wot sort of $$$ was it?

Old 11-17-2006, 09:07 AM

Hi Trips, well the whole deal was $ 1220 Aust $. For that we got the two Helmets, the two stereo headsets with microphone in each which are mounted inside the helmet, one communication's cord linking the two helmets and a multimedia cable to ruin iPod etc, the mobile cable was a further $ 25 but I didn't get it, but now want it as my Nokia picks up FM radio stations which I forgot. And on each helmet they have like a sun shade over the existing clear visor so at night you can still have your visor down just by lifting the dark visor up. Might sound like a lot of money but the clarity one hears from the other person is great and its like having a CD Player with half a dozen speakers in your helmet with the iPod connected. I am yet to hook my Navman up but imagine going through a town that you dont know and both your co pilot and yourself hear the directions thats gotta same a argument or two. I have included the dealers site in Nosaville Queensland where I got mine but I think any Nolan helmet dealer would be able to assist you. These should a great asset to us as we are traveling to Tassie at christmas time from central queensland and as you know it a pretty big ride so the iPod and talking should pass the time well.

http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/html/nolan-helmets.html

Old 11-17-2006, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that there were helmets on the market "plug ready" to be connected to whatever. A few years back I did buy a kit that filled inside my helmet but it was completely impractical and I never used it after a couple of attempts. So i'm going to look into this a bit more.

As a bye the bye I do think that a central part of staying safe on a bike is being super aware of what is going on around me so I do have some reservations when it comes to my favourite 'fun lovin criminals' track coming on or someone bashing in my ear saying "you should have turned left you dumb ****" when i'm negotiating a roundabout or whatever but I guess it would be ok with experience.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:18 AM

I couldn't imagine wanting to spend $1200 to speak to any woman! :P

That is a pallet of beer or a big bore kit!

Old 11-17-2006, 01:00 PM

I purchased a cheap intercom system last year,but it soon broke.......[:@]

After speaking to others and a bit of research i decided to go with Autocom,which wasn't cheap at £180,but i'm hoping i won't have to buy another.

Just got to fit it all up when i finish working on my 1KF

Old 11-17-2006, 04:11 PM

Umm its called a Christmas present from the wife I didnt have to pay for it, my wife is totally hooked on the CBR and she buys most things I wouldn't normally buy so I have the best of both worlds and when you look at it $ 600 a person and you get a quality helmet I think its worth it have you priced a Shoe helmet ???

Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM

Well I am 49 and I do think that when the iPod is going that I have the same awareness around me okay in trafic you need to turn it down when say you have AC /DC on and the helmet is on 8 yeah one does get carried away but if you have the volume at the normal range. I have the volume louder in my car and think that it feels safer on a bike as you have a lot more visibility. One good feature when full concentration is needed you simply press the pause button for 2 seconds and its muted, ( Sound like a Rep for Nolan )

Old 11-17-2006, 05:23 PM

I was look at stuff last year, I was amazed that there was nothing Blue-Tooth
I gave up.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:29 PM

This system has the option off having either blue tooth or cable , I believe Road Rider mag ( Australia ) is doing a road test on these helmets this month so it should be interesting what they rate them at but I love ours and a real nice fitting helmet too you feel snug and secure.

Quick Reply: Intercom systems