CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Interchangeable years for exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangeable years for exhaust

Hi Gang.

I am in need of a replacement exhaust for my '87 1000f. I currently have the stock 4-2-1 header with 2 rashed but functional Supertrapp mufflers. I have rust holes in the front of the "1" section of my 4-2-1. Last year I ground it down and J-B welded the holes up, but as of this week my patch job has let go and again I have a rust hole opened up. I'm noticablydown on power and louder than a freight train. Thus, it's time for some replacement parts.

I've got my eye on a stock header that's up for sale on fleabay ... but it's from a 1990. Anyone know if it'll fit my 1987? I've looked up the part #'s for the different years on Ron Ayers, and they are indeed different #'s. The 1990 appear to have some sort of heat sheild added ontothe inner headers but other than that they look the same. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Any other options anyone can suggest? I know v&h makes full systems still .. I'm just not so sure how long I'm going to hang onto this bike and thus how much I want to spend on it.

Anyone?

Any and all info appeciated.

Nova Scotia Mike

Old 06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Default RE: Interchangeable years for exhaust

Hi Mike,

I have a V&H supersport header and canister that is on a 1988 CBR1000f. It should fit your 87 no problem. It got a little rusty last year, but has since been painted with high temp black. I'm asking $250 plus shipping from 28625

Thanx
Chris

Old 07-01-2007, 08:11 AM

I'm interested Chris ... though I do have some other options I'm going to explore that are closer to home first. I'll let you know either way shortly.

How old is your system? Is it rashed?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Hey Mike, I thought I was the only one on this forum from NS with a cane. Good to see another owner. Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with.

Cheers

Old 05-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What is this, a bloody Penguin convention ? Gawd, now there are TWO of 'em....[X(][X(][X(]
90 headers will fit, you may have issues with support points for the can/s
See other recent posts on this issue. All will be well, at the Pole.....ar ar

Old 05-08-2008, 12:35 PM

There are no penguins in Canada Shadow.............Seals, whales, lobsters (yummy), fish...........but definitly no penguins.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:13 PM

This I know, oh ye of little humour (and little furry rodent) but let's not start THAT again......[X(]
But all the others have no personality - and as far as I know no-one's named a sports team after a whale, a lobster (+1 on the yummy) or a seal. But a Penguin ? Much better, they can even dribble an egg between their feet, for DAYS !! Come back Gretsky, all is forgiven ! he he

Old 05-08-2008, 01:22 PM

You should see all the out of towners here in Halifax during the World cup.Dutch and Sweeds, Germans,its crazy stuff! Not an empty hotel room to be had.

Does SA have a hockey team....chuckle....remindes me of the movie about the Jamacian bob-sled team...hehehe. Hey Shadow i was passing by a headstone the other day (dont ask) and it had written on the side that this person was a servant to the minister of South Africa, thought it was pretty cool!

Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Yes, we had a semi-pro hockey league upcountry for years - I used to go every Friday night, had a couple of mates who played, and yes, we had a national team back then.Things have changed though, still a lot played at icerinks all over, but not to your standard.........but then it's not a religion here, like Rugby Union - you have a team that (sort of) plays that, doncher ?
(I tried to ignore the remark about cool runnings) he he
A servant to the Minister.....???? Oh well, can't ask him what that meant, I guess....ar ar.
D'you get permafrost up there ? Maybe there's a chance..........

Old 05-08-2008, 08:23 PM

Hello Nova Scotia Mike. Now Gill has a buddy in his province. Hi there Shadow, There was a team named the Hartford Whalers (NHL 1979-97) and also the California Golden Seals were a team in the (NHL) from 1967-76. Initially named California Seals, the team was renamed Oakland Seals part-way through the 1967-68 season, and then to California Golden Seals in 1970.I'm Still looking for a team with lobster.... I have to stop talking about hockey now since by beloved Canadiens were taken out of the playoffs by those brutes of Flyers!

[IMG]local://upfiles/20845/5103448BDEE94BF2B72495A301BCF467.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Interchangeable years for exhaust