CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, just insured mine for the first time. $98 a year. my sledge hammer rides cheap lol

Old 05-10-2012, 05:43 PM

Just for the benefit of anyone in the UK, I just re-insured my '88 1kf for the amazing sum of £58, fully comprehensive, for the year, through Swinton

Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 PM

nope, im 21, male, have 1 ticket for an accident and 1 for speeding in my car and insurance is still only $150ish a year for my '96 hurricane

Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 PM

I have rider insurance for both my bikes. Even in New Jersey, a state known for ridiculous insurance rates, I pay 244 USD a year for liability on both bikes. Full coverage would be much more expensive. Rider is a company, not a type of insurance. Just to clarify.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:01 PM

I just went through insurance Groundhog Day hell trying to find a better premium for my CBR and Harley. I was with GEICO. Allstate had a better rate, but immediately started trying to withdraw the "discounts" they offered, in spite of my having provided them all the documentation of my qualifying for the discounts given. Customer service was less than useless, and after admitting that their records showed all of the requested documents had been received said that a note would be sent to underwriting, and that I should "call back next week" to see if the discounts had been re-approved. In the meantime they were going to debit my checking account another $84. Went to Dairyland (Sentry), explained my problem at Allstate and that I needed a replacement policy. No problem. Same coverage, and not that much more expensive. Two weeks after the policy was issued I got a letter stating that I needed to provide documentation of my qualification for the discounts I'd been given. The company never asked for the information. I faxed the information to them (kept the transmittal report), and last week got a letter saying my premium was being raised because I hadn't provided the documentation requested. Called the company and was told I would need to re-fax the documents - to the same number - along with the original fax transmittal report. Once the documents were received they would be sent to underwriting for, yes, re-approval of the discounts. In the meantime I would be getting a bill that would need to be paid to avoid having the policy cancelled for non-payment even though I had already paid 100% of the original premium. Went on-line, got another policy from GEICO for not that much more than what Allstate and Dairyland cost, AND I can manage my policy on-line. Good luck with your adventure!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite the run around there man.

I stick with my local State Farm Agent - one minute from my place if there's ever a
need to complain - no 800 # baloney with a bunch of underpaid sales recruits for me
thank you very much

Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I was paying $136 for two bikes. When I put the third one on, my policy was reduced by $24. Now I'm thinking about putting a forth bike on just to reduce the rate again. lol

Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I was paying $136 for two bikes. When I put the third one on, my policy was reduced by $24. Now I'm thinking about putting a forth bike on just to reduce the rate again. lol
That's funny. With 2 bikes (the 09 klr with full coverage) I was paying like $220/yr. I added the Magna and it was like $10 more per yr for liability and $13 for full coverage with collision and comp.
I splurged for $.25/month and went full coverage. lol..

Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmmm now you got me thinking about shopping around some more TBT & Trout
for when I add the 3rd bike in a few weeks and maybe a 4th new bike I've been
eyeballing the past few weeks - the more you have eh TBT ? - I like that

Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My friend put his third bike on with full coverage and his went up $19 yr. We both have Progressive.

Yeah, Sprock...it's a sickness....and I don't have a governor.

Quick Reply: Insurance