CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Improving cornering

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default din

You are so wrong with your version of din.[ No where near it. QUOTE=kiwi TK;967563]" In fact it would have been at about the age of eight when I last used the word "din". From memory it means somebody dim witted, foolish, bordering on retarded. When uttered it was often followed by inserting one's tongue in the bottom lip and pushing outward, whilst making a dumb ar5ed noise.

Hope this helps. "

Thanks for that Dave, I'm sitting here trying it out now, but all that's happening is a rather unpleasant combination of wine and crackers is getting sprayed onto the monitor. Do I need a really thick tongue like Jamie Olliver to achieve the authentic effect?

PS - have always loved that anorak term, puts me in mind of Roy Cropper.[/QUOTE]

Old 09-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

QUOTE Ha ha ha,don't make me laugh cornering,corners,bends.u.s.a yer right!

I can't speak for the other members of the Forum, but your phraseology could use a little work in the "winning friends department", Darker. We actually get along quite well, and not that your idea doesn't have merit for some, but, as you have chosen to ignore my personal PM, perhaps I'll have to be a little more forthright....................in public

HAVING SAID THAT, IF I SEE ANOTHER SARKY REMARK FROM YOU, MR DARKER, YOU AND I WILL HAVE WORDS.

In other words, ****, keep a civil tongue in your head or you'll be gone from here without so much as a backward glance. Believe me, mate we don't need crap from noobs around here. We have members from all over the world on this forum, even Iceland and Argentina, and even a dumb (some say) South African. We have paid our dues in time, effort and even blood at times. We reserve the right to comment, or not, and even disagree, which we do often. What we don't do well is sarcasm.

Your choice, fit in or ...............go down the road to the Gixxer forum.

Oh and there's NO WAY anything with additional holes drilled in it is stronger than the original.............lighter maybe but not stronger.

Last edited by Shadow; 09-18-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Shorter is stronger on the dogleg.the original hole has to be cut out,so you still only have 1 hole on eachside.same amount of holes as original but shorter metal= stronger leg.as for the rest of your comments,thats fair enough but i never started this thread in a rude manner.1 paticular member from the usa decided it would be sooooo grown up to send threats via email.anyway he is history now.i am decent,i do absorb what others have to say and only disagree if i know they are wrong.oh and hello from the uk.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reminds of that Programme ....... the weakest link ......... LOL

Anyways Darker , man , whatever, we all pretty much accept a diversity of opinion
on here. Works for you and maybe some others , that's cool, if it is not something
some of the rest of us would go for ....... hey then what of it man ? we are all allowed
to makes choices right ? either for or against.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkar26
You are so wrong with your version of din. No where near it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=din

Then, what were you calling some of us? If not an abbreviation of the word 'dinlo' did you mean a type of car stereo or were you making reference to a rarely used unit of measurement?

I don't mean to knit pick, I just like to be clear on these things. I'm just off to do some fencing now but it's raining...better put on my anorak. Have a great day.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:27 PM

Thanx guys.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:55 PM

Dakar should have included a picture of what he's trying to explain. I just happened to find a shock linkage on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-cb...Q5fAccessories

Moving the linkage holes inward on the top link and lower link will make them less flexible, and therefore stronger. How it will affect ride height and action on the shock is way beyond my simple brain. For only $25, who wants to be the first to test it out on their bike?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slowpoke

Moving the linkage holes inward on the top link and lower link will make them less flexible, and therefore stronger.
You don't perhaps mean stiffer, rather than stronger, Slowpoke ?
As the leverage will be less than on the std shock, I could understand it being stiffer..............

What some of the members need/ have asked for is a how to on LOWERING the bike............Perhaps a shorter spring ?
Would that work ?

Old 09-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by davethepom
As a skier the first thing I think of is the binding settings. DIN chart

As I mentioned before, options are a good thing. Perhaps a heavy rider may want to raise the rear to level the bike so I don't think it's a bad thing to keep in the back pocket.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 AM

Quick Reply: Improving cornering