CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Honda CBR1000F ( Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda CBR1000F ( Hurricane

Hi Guy,s and Girls I have just got myself a Honda CBR1000F year 1987 about 3 weeks ago had a few small probs with it but its now running smooth and starting first time im now hoping that there is someone out there that can help me with my next prob the seat hight when im on the bike im on my tiptoes So far I have only been out onthe bike3 times but im sure you know that coming up to a junction and stoping a cbr1000f on your tiptoesisnt that good for building up your biking confidenceso far to try and fix my prob I have cut back the seatas far as I can with not much luckthe rear shock has been fully adjusted I tried to get a low profile tyre to drop the back end alittle to see if this would help but every where I go they tell me that there is only 1 size of tyre that will fit the cbr1000f the one thats on is a Metzeler 40/80/vb/17a friend then told me why not get a lowering kitagain I cant find a kit for this bike is there anyone out there that knows where I can get a lowering kit or a tyre or if anyone has any othere ideas of howI could lower it any info you could give would be much appreciated

CHEERS

Iain

Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Default RE: Honda CBR1000F ( Hurricane

You might look into getting a corbin seat. It would probably give you an extra inch or so, since it's scalloped out and doesn't have as much padding as the stocker.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There have been a couple of articles on the Forum covering the lowering of the rear end - you'll have to do some reading in the back posts.......about 3 months ago.
You could also replace the rear wheel with one from an 89/90 model, which would allow you to fit a 55 profile tyre.May help a bit........
Welcome to the Forum !

Old 07-03-2008, 03:45 AM

Hiya,
Got a suggestion.. EAT MORE:-) I am, unfortunately a little rotund, but it makes the bike squat down somewhat for me. I normally have a few issues, from short inside leg (29") so I know what you mean. Please be careful, cos once the bike gets to a certain angle, there is no holding her up, the force can be incredible once a few degress of lean are added.

It probably isnt a good idea to take all the preload off the rear shock either, as the travel will be limited now.

Just a thought, but try talking to Hagon, or another shock manufacturer, as they do custom shocks for bikes. I <AHEM> have an uprated shock on mine from Hagon due to my weight, not that I needed it of course ....:-)

Enjoy the bike

Ara

Old 07-22-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by argyll1456
Hi Guy,s and Girls I have just got myself a Honda CBR1000F year 1987 about 3 weeks ago had a few small probs with it but its now running smooth and starting first time im now hoping that there is someone out there that can help me with my next prob the seat hight when im on the bike im on my tiptoes So far I have only been out onthe bike3 times but im sure you know that coming up to a junction and stoping a cbr1000f on your tiptoesisnt that good for building up your biking confidenceso far to try and fix my prob I have cut back the seatas far as I can with not much luckthe rear shock has been fully adjusted I tried to get a low profile tyre to drop the back end alittle to see if this would help but every where I go they tell me that there is only 1 size of tyre that will fit the cbr1000f the one thats on is a Metzeler 40/80/vb/17a friend then told me why not get a lowering kitagain I cant find a kit for this bike is there anyone out there that knows where I can get a lowering kit or a tyre or if anyone has any othere ideas of howI could lower it any info you could give would be much appreciated

CHEERS

Iain
Try using punctuation so we can follow what you are saying better. Like using periods at the end of a sentences. How tall are you? To me, the Hurricane sits really low as opposed to other bike I have ridden.

As mentioned, a Corbin seat could help. I have a Corbin seat and it sits pretty low.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by bicklebok
Try using punctuation so we can follow what you are saying better. Like using periods at the end of a sentences. How tall are you? To me, the Hurricane sits really low as opposed to other bike I have ridden.
The OP is 4 years old, and he hasn't posted since, so I doubt he'll see your suggestion.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

OK, so why did that suddenly churn it's way back onto page 1?

And totally agree with the "too hard to read" comments.

Imagine buying a novel that looked like that.

I'd give up after page 2.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, so why did that suddenly churn it's way back onto page 1?

Because some Noob decided to answer and try to sell Argyll his lowered bike.

Post deleted.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by shadow
ok, so why did that suddenly churn it's way back onto page 1?

because some noob decided to answer and try to sell argyll his lowered bike.
Post deleted.
shadow watch your mouth

Old 07-24-2012, 04:12 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

You're a hard man Pete.

Harsh but fair.

Quick Reply: Honda CBR1000F ( Hurricane