CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Hello and Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello and Need Help

New here and was suprised to see such a following for the 1000F.I had an 1987 about 10 years ago and always remembered how reliable and fun it was.So now that i have time again to be riding i have bought what?
Yes,another 1000F(It will probably be the only model i ever own).1990 CBR 1000F that i am completely customizing.
Therein lies the question,are there any UK bikers here that know of anyone trying to sell 2 Nexxus exhaust cans for this bike?I have the header from Landmark Bikes(an excellent resource) on Ebay but need the Motad silencers.Will pay for shipping from any country.They need to be in decent condition no scratches/not alot of heat damage).Thru my business i can get shipping breaks and have credits so that is how i could cut costs by not buying direct from Motad.I may end up doing it but wanted to try the web first.No reason on the Nexxus pipes other than they look cool and would add extra uniqueness to a U.S. based bike.The new paint is going to be insane,i saw the rims yesterday and it is a green i guarantee you havent seen on the road before. Im really proud of this bike and will post images when it is completed.I think i do have pics of my old one White 1987 somewhere,will try to scan it...let me know on the pipes if anyone can help but for now thought id post something from you tube i got a kick out of.It also has some likewise value for me as my 1990 is actually a left side slide damage bike that i have fairing/part replaced and fixed myself(except the carbs).I know all about garden moss or -median grass- in my case.And it did sit-get this-outside in the weather-no cover,nothing ,in Maryland, since 1996.Spider webs,a bees nest,leaves and alot of dirt/rust.
You Tube Garden CBR

1990 before the tank was removed is attached.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:07 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello and Need Help

Hi there , welcome to the forum. The nexus end cans can be found on e-bay occasionally , there were a pair for sale not so long ago , maybe they'll come up again .

Old 12-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hello and Need Help

Welcome !
That looks like a California 1KF by the paint..............[:-]
Pipes on e-Bay is your best bet.
Keep us informed on progress.