CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Hello To all...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello To all...

Coooool!!! I just found this page, and I'm so glad!! I just recently purchased a 1994 CBR 1000F. I traded in my 1994 Katana 600 for her, and I miss my Kat but the CBR is a heck of an upgrade!!

I do have a couple of questions, can you hear the cam chains as they start to wear and go out???? If so, how much of a pain are they to reach besides removing the normal plastics etc etc. I'm SURE the plastics aren't any worse that removing my Kats plastics. I'm also in need of a repair manual, its harder to find than I thought!! I went to the local honda dealer and found my Katana's manual, but the CBR 1000F is not near as easy to locate!

You know it seems that the CBR 1000F is so underrated. Do ya'll hear anything about that as well?? Cuz I got the same thing riding my Katana, and people said they sucked until I blew by them in corners and gave them a good run for their money on the straights. I guess I'm just into "Reject" bikes.. Hahahaha.. Truly, I feel that the 1000F is a great ride if properly handled. I find it refreshing and exhilirating. Coming out of the corners I can get the front wheel off the ground just enough to give you pucker factor, and enough acceleration to keep your eyes off the instrument cluster cuz the road is going by entirely too fast!! I let my buddy ride it the other day, and he was GONE!! The first thing he said when I finally caught up with him was "Wow, she lays over really easy!! BUT! you have to keep your eyes on the road cuz your going waaaaay to fast to look down" hahahaha.. Isn't that what sportbikes are all about???

Anyway, don't get me too long winded, I'm just glad to find a page that is dedicated to the 1000F!!! Glad to be here!! Hope to hear from all of ya'll.. (Yeah, I'm a texas boy!) Later!!

Old 04-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello To all...

Welcome Firefox11, great choice of bike think the 94 is the fp model. The thou is more of a sports tourer these days but they are still extremely fast. They do have a reputation for eating cam chains but its not the case really. Its just honda's poorly designed tensioner don't last that long so you can hear a rattle from start up which should go away when warmed up. I know of many high mileage (60k+) thou's that rattled from about 10k miles but let it warm up and no worries. Anyway the CCT is in a very awkward spot, its under the inlet cam so you have to remove the rocker cover and inlet cam to replace it. Not really a hard job just a pain. The cam chain should last at least 80k+ miles so if you want a quiet engine replace the tensioner and the guides while your there but the rattle usually returns within 3k miles anyway.
Mark.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello To all...

Maybe we should make a sticky note on a\ALL CBR1000 forums.

Yes they CCT's are noisy at idle when cold.

As long as they are not noisy through the rev range or when hot then its working normally