CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Good evening Folks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good evening Folks!

good evening all,

It has been a while, work and family ( 2 teenage daughters( scaring off wanabe boyfriends) ) kept me busy.

Shadow, Steve,Sprock glad to see you are still here and I saw we have another french speaking member, bienvenue Alain!

I have been riding a bit but not as much as I wanted, the 88 is presently at 151242kms, and running great camchain is perfect no rattle except for a minute after start up while the oil pressure builds in the tensionner chamber, and after that all ok. I tried to do the valves but they did not budge from the last time. So it is running perfectly. I am now at 15500kms on a set of Avon storm ultra 2 and they still look good maybe another 2000kms on them and they'll retire which means I will have done two seasons on them!

An event , I was invited by my local Honda dealer to display my bike as they were celebrating their 3 years opening and also Honda was celebrating their 50th year In Canada. Got lucky as I arrived with the bike they cleaned and shined her, what was funny is that they asked me to put it beside the VFR1200F. I found that the shape of the fairing in front is a bit similar,, by the way I passed our message to the representative of honda, that what was wrong with the VFR was that it did not have an inline four and that they should design a new cbr1000f the same that they did for the new cbr600f in Europe; I got a strange look as if i was an heretic!LOL

And finally I tried the new Ninja1000sx , you know what it is fun responsive and all but the CBr1000f really has a jewel of an engine! Alsways ready and smooth and what a great sound.

Gimme news can't wait to hear what happened while I was away!

Carl

Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Howdy Carl!

That's really cool that Honda displayed your bike.

they should design a new cbr1000f the same that they did for the new cbr600f in Europe; I got a strange look as if i was an heretic!LOL
Why can't they just listen!! I want fuel injection! Hell, all they would need to do is take the original 1000F motor and add a better CCT, fuel injection, adjustable clip-ons, and a bit more modern fairing.... and maybe a storage compartment.
It would be the perfect bike! Honda so stupid sometimes.

Btw... nice to hear from you.... even if you didn't say hello to me. hehe....

Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by DragonCBR
they should design a new cbr1000f the same that they did for the new cbr600f in Europe; I got a strange look as if i was an heretic!LOL

At least you Canuks get Honda's CBF1000F, which isn't available in the US.

Attached Thumbnails Good evening Folks!-honda-cbf1000-hh8v5208a.jpg  
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a cross between a Triumph Tiger and a KTM.................with a bit of Varadero for good measure....

And 'allo, 'allo Mon Fre're - good to see you again !

Old 08-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:

@Dragon & Trout, I agree with you both and they could do it with stuff they already have/had on hand, no need to retool a whole new model. They could take the CB1300F SFI motor add Gear drive (No camchain) , put in a 6 spd tranny, ramp it up to about 175 hp with carbon, stainless, and/or titanium exhaust. Add forks from the new VFR1200 with real ABS as an option, and wheels/brakes from CBR1000RR, Keep it chain drive. Copy the old frame/to alloy, add an alloy (VFR800) SS swingarm, make the alloy rear subframe removable, keep it all light but strong. Make the body work/fuel tank of the 93-99 bikes in carbon fiber/alloy or a more durable lightwieght ABS/urethane plastic. All led lighting/ dual HID headlights. adjustable/extendable/ impact foldable stainless mirrors, folding levers all around, for brakes, shifter, and clutch. Have a optional sport rack, and top box/side bags. Put in a compartment for stuff, that is easy to get to with gloves on. Have both digi and analog guages with GPS, no key only a proxi card with a good quality built in alarm/anti theft tracking/reporting system. Have 3 ECU modes full power,fuel economy and combo modes. Keep the looks and comfy seat and add multi adj bars and footrests. Give it sporty graphics/colours and paint. Add a couple of power acc plugs. No rust, practical, fun, big powerband and old Honda dependable, sell it for about $10-12,000 USD. Call it a CBR1300F Hurricane, market it as such and I think you would have a great bike that would sell WW. Use the same engine add 2 Cylinders and bring back a CBX/R Limited Special Edition muscle bike as well. Standardize parts between all models as much as can be done.

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 08-20-2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: added content
Old 08-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Honda seem to be on their own planet - when have you ever heard of them listening to what WE want ?
I like the fairing pockets on the RF900 Suzuki - ideal for wallet, mobile phone, keys etc.
Lose some weight, and add some horsepower - oh yes please !
And redesign or do away with the bl...y camchain and tensioner.
I could even do without the folding levers (but they would be nice) and the single side swingarm
But a good set of triple pot brakes would go down well.....

Or I s'pose I could go and find a late model Blackbird and fit more upright bars like the 1000F ...........
most of the mods Dub suggests were on the 'Bird or available as aftermarket extras.
But I still wouldn't trade what I have for anything else currently available (except maybe a 'Busa)

Old 08-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the way you think, '88. lol..
I'd love to see the sssa. Oh yeah.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:41 AM
Welcome Crew

Hey cbr1988, Don't forget to keep the comfy seat, all new bikes nowadays look too small and thin in the seating department.
I would put a deposit on one today!

Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:

I'll edit and add comfy seat and multi adj bars and footrests.

Dub

Quick Reply: Good evening Folks!