CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

future cbr1000f

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big fan of the 1kf, after recently buying another one after having one 5 or so years ago. I almost bought a blackbird before buying my 1st 1kf, but the blackbird had a few problems and had a dodgy paint job so went for a cbr1000f instead from a dealer.

Since then i've owned a zzr1100, Aprilia RS250, yzf750r, zx7r, ,triumph sprint 1050st (from new), zzr1400 (lovely bike), tl1000r and have now gone back to a 1kf.

I feel the 1kf is probably the best value all-rounder / tourer for the money in spite of it's age. I didn't feel the blackbird when we test rode one was worth the difference in price over the 1kf. I made a mistake in selling my old one for a zzr1100 as i thought it would be a better bike (it wasn't in my opinion and my pillion (the missus) agreed.

There are some nice new bikes out there, but many of them don't do it for me. Even if i had the money, i don't think i'd consider a VFR1200. Newer isn't always better.

Proud to own another 1kf, and look forward to fixing the few issues it has, and getting it out this year and enjoying it thoroughly!

Old 03-08-2014, 03:37 PM

I thoroughly agrree with you and shadow , i love mine despites of its age and milage, it is still going strong and with the modfication done done to it, it rocks, I don't push it anymore, but every spring Iwill go and and try new bikes, cbr1100xx, sprint1050 and evrytime i get on one of these , it rides well they are comfy and modern, there is one thing, They don't talk to me when I ride like the IKF does ( I am sure you know what I mean)and when I get back on mine, I say to myself why change this one is riding and running so well.

If they get one with the same concept and and i ride it and it does talk to me , then I may put the ikf that I have in retirement or semi retirement and buy the new one , only if it talks to me...

Old 03-09-2014, 05:23 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbr_lover
I feel the 1kf is probably the best value all-rounder / tourer for the money in spite of it's age.
It is a great bike at any price and very good 2up. Sports touring with the emphasis on SPORT

Hope you get yours going for the summer so you can re-capture the magic

Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cbr_lover
I feel the 1kf is probably the best value all-rounder / tourer for the money in spite of it's age. I didn't feel the blackbird when we test rode one was worth the difference in price over the 1kf. I made a mistake in selling my old one for a zzr1100 as i thought it would be a better bike (it wasn't in my opinion and my pillion (the missus) agreed.
THe ZZR didn't have the finish either. It did have one hell of an engine however.

There is a fine line between sport and sport/touring where weight is needed to suck up bumps to make a bike a long hauler. I can't see a 650 being a great long hauler so I'd vote no. Depends on what your looking for.

Originally Posted by Shadow
Sad when Honda doesn't recognise what a great bike they built.
They may know but I don't think they care. Around me, Honda is to busy selling Yamaha quads and Yamaha snowmobiles. I think the shops may have one or two Honda bikes on the floor but those are some kind of middle displacement cruisers. You have to special order a GL if your in the market for one.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
It is a great bike at any price and very good 2up. Sports touring with the emphasis on SPORT

Hope you get yours going for the summer so you can re-capture the magic
Cheers, it's on it way to being sorted now - nearly £100 worth of parts were ordered and arrived today - time to get stuck in and get busy with the spanners!

Can't wait till i've done the work and it's ready to ride!

Old 03-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Senior Member & can cook minute rice in 58sec

Originally Posted by Sprock
hmmmmm ....... a fuel injected Hurricane maybe with ABS and all the toys ! ???

That'd be nice to see in some trick Honda Red White Blue traditional paint scheme.

i'm sending this to your relatives, ya turncoat.
come on over to the dark side

rofl