CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Forks for '90 CBr1000F

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell the seller to look at RonAyres.com and look at the fisches for these bikes.

Attached Thumbnails Forks for '90 CBr1000F-88-forks.jpg   Forks for '90 CBr1000F-91-forks.jpg  
Old 11-21-2010, 08:17 PM

>Tell the seller to look at RonAyres.com and look at the fisches for these bikes. I just sent him the links. He doesn't strike me as a bad guy.. it's a simple enough error anyone could make. Annoying though! I want my bike back!!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Jack they are in short supply for Gen 2 Hurricanes man.

You see a set grab 'em fast, not sure about tubes from a Gen 1 working in Gen 2 lowers

Don't think I'd go that route either in case it didn't work out ......further delays

Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM

Hey Sprock, I don't particularly want to do that either. I was in an accident on the bike and the front end took the brunt of the impact. I have a friend, who happens to be a mechanical engineer, who tells me that the lowers should be fine... But I suspect I'd always worry about it. Right now we are negotiating a refund. He wants me to pay to ship the forks back to him, I don't see how that's my responsibility given he was the one who made the error. If he decided to refund my money and doesn't want the forks back I may try with the tubes and see what happens. Much easier for me to just get the proper forks though.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:38 PM

Much easier for me to just get the proper forks though.
Exactly ......correct answer

I'm thinking once you start taking the wrong tubes apart ........you own them period

Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 PM

>I'm thinking once you start taking the wrong tubes apart ........you own them period I am 99% sure I can get a refund through ebay or paypal easily. At that point it would be on him to pay for shipping his parts back if he wants the things. If he does, that's fine, I'll ship them back with no complaints. However if he decides it's not worth the cost ... Then I'll have to take them apart and give it a shot.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 PM

On a completely unrelated topic .. apparently this forum really dislikes Firefox, at least on my setup.

Apologies for the poor formatting in my replies previous to this one, I was having difficulties with my browser.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jack
>I'm thinking once you start taking the wrong tubes apart ........you own them period I am 99% sure I can get a refund through ebay or paypal easily. At that point it would be on him to pay for shipping his parts back if he wants the things. If he does, that's fine, I'll ship them back with no complaints. However if he decides it's not worth the cost ... Then I'll have to take them apart and give it a shot.
Well yeah but Paypal will take their sweet time resolving it, in the end you'd
get your money after jumping through all their hoops first and that my friend

Takes Time ! ask me how I know this ..... I have battled Paypal many a time !

Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sprock

I have gone through paypal to get my money back also. I does take time, I think paypal wants to make sure your not scaming them like the other party is scaming me. At least you get your money back.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock

This is the first time I have had any problems with parts from ebay. I just emailed the seller and basically said "You know where I stand, I'll wait until this evening before I escalate my complaint with Paypal/Ebay".

If I don't hear from him today I will start shopping for a 2nd set of forks and be patient with the process. I'm out a hundred until I am reimbursed, not the end of the world.

I have another bike in the garage, but it's a KTM 400. A blast offroad but not the best streetbike! It will get me through until my Hurricane is back though.

Quick Reply: Forks for '90 CBr1000F