CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

finally a picture of my baby

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: finally a picture of my baby

Excellent choice, KD! I can certainly appreciate that fine machine. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to take higher quality pics so I can show off my high gloss '96 as good as you. Ride in great health!

[IMG]local://upfiles/20539/FC6C1BCA34954380B427D46EC8BAE804.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

ORIGINAL: Roger

One of these days I'm going to figure out how to take higher quality pics so I can show off my high gloss '96 as good as you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20539/FC6C1BCA34954380B427D46EC8BAE804.jpg[/IMG]
A couple of suggestions that may help. Use a real digital camera, as opposed to one that is part of a phone. Use it on it's highest resolution setting. You can lower the resolution of the image later, but you can't make it better. Take your photo within 1 hour after sunrise, or 1 hour before sunset. I've heard it called the golden hour for photo's. In bright sunlight, the photo becomes to contrasty, too little light and the camera opens the shutter too much and produces a grainy image. I hope you take this as help, not criticism.

Look forward to some great photo's.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:13 AM

[/quote]

A couple of suggestions that may help. Use a real digital camera, as opposed to one that is part of a phone. Use it on it's highest resolution setting. You can lower the resolution of the image later, but you can't make it better. Take your photo within 1 hour after sunrise, or 1 hour before sunset. I've heard it called the golden hour for photo's. In bright sunlight, the photo becomes to contrasty, too little light and the camera opens the shutter too much and produces a grainy image. I hope you take this as help, not criticism.

Look forward to some great photo's.
[/quote]

Idiodirt, I most definitely appreciate your suggestions. I have been using a bona fide digital camera, a Fuji S9100. I always set the white balance manually, shoot at 5mp, and ISO 100. I'll try taking the resolution up to 9mp and shoot during those golden hours, which I havent done before. I do have a strong suspicion that all my previous poor quality pics with this camera could be due to the cheap filter I have over the lens. I recently learned a cheap filter can significantly negatethe capabilities ofeven the best cameras. So off it comes. Thanks again.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 AM

Another trick is to step back and zoom in, try it both ways and see what looks best

Old 11-30-2007, 08:01 AM

chitownart, i'm 40 years old and not gearhead i used to be so i cant give you 100% info on the gearing but the guy i bought it from told mejust that"1 down on the front and two on the back" he had a bike shop called "Triad motorsports" in kennesaw , ga. do it for him , same goes for the jet kit . He did have all the reciepts for the bikes matinence and upgrades but as far as brands or stock numbers they hand written reciepts, a secret of the trade perhaps?? i guess i could get in touch with them but just been contnt with it.i do have a honda gearhead buddy who told me to try the stock gearing and i would like them better , i dont know maybe next year. kd

Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM

roger, i like your seat and am going to try and get one this year , did you have it made with the yellow or did you buy it like that?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:37 PM

Hi KD. That's a Corbin seat on my bike. The story with it is the original owner of my bike asked the dealership to order a Gunfighter & Lady model for him at the time he purchased the bike. Said his wife wouldn't ride with him unless he added the backrest, so he got that also. He told me he asked the dealer to choose the colors and match them up to the bike's colors. The green accent striping is surprisingly dead on, but the grey is actually way off, way too light. I, personally, find the stock seat more comfortable than the Corbin (I got that in the deal also).
At today's prices, Corbin charges $300 to make the seat, $259 for the backrest, and $59 for the backrest hardware.

One of the female members of the forum has amotorcycle seat cover business:
http://www.customseatcreations.com/h...600f2_new.html
I just very recently sent her an email regarding making a seat cover for my stock seat. Looks like they do some really nice work, and the seat cover easily replaces the stock one. On their website they have lots of color choices, but will also send small samples. Hopefully, if it works out, I'll have the stock seat recovered with close color matches. The cost would end up at less than a third of just a new custom seat, plus I know I like the feel of the stock seat. So I figure it's worth a shot. Hope this helps.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM

hey roger, my seat is comfy but i just expected a aftermarket to better and i do like the looks of them, i'll check out the web site you mentioned and keep me updated on your prodject with the recover.nice bike you hace there also.