CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Finally My Paintjob is done - Sticker Reccomendations? - NEWBIE

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally My Paintjob is done - Sticker Reccomendations? - NEWBIE

You're going to put all those stickers on alongside the stickers you've already put on? That's just way overdoing it IMO. Bike looks great as is - if anything too many stickers right now.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 AM

yeah you are probable right. hehe he

The ones i got on at the moment are HRC and the rest which are of original specs is actually air-brushed on.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is "WGH 3870"? Registration number? (Licence plate). And about the other stickers, do you get paid by the companys for having them on your bike or what? I have a sticker on from my local tire shop because they gave me a great deal on tires... Go for just the HRC one, I can go as far as those big HONDA letters on the lowest black part of the fairing but I hesitate... Hurricane, you don´t have a Hurricane as far as I know, originally only -87 to -89 (-90 in USA) had Hurricane decals, and in some countries never (ex. Sweden). Correct me if I´m wrong. It´s a attempt to "pimp" the model name, compare with Fireblade, Firestorm, Interceptor, Super Blackbird. "Hurricane" sounds kinda silly in my ears, as do "Interceptor". The name "Interceptor" has also never been used in Sweden, thank God... "Dual CBS" don´t you have them on the forks already? "Super Sport", that sticker is 10 years older than the paint scheme, first you make the bike look newer (younger), then you make it look older... Eh?

[IMG]local://upfiles/6357/CFA807C317A24C23B9ACC0696215CE2B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6357/E07976BC9D084EAB83BE21E1B50910F9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6357/FBB5D7A921FD47908EEF9EB10039F7AD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6357/37B3CD6D8737400CB2E827DCB1579FBD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-14-2006, 10:48 PM

Hi Mikekop

Thats registration number alright. I believe the 'Hurricane' nickname was dropped after 1990 due to insurance reasons in the US. Don't know why as the rest of the other hondas continued with the nick names. Wonder where the nicknames originate from? Japan? I guess our models will be nickname "the 1000F". "gonna take the 1000F out for a spin today" I guess does sounds funny when compared with "take the 'cane' out or the 'bird' out or the 'blade'." but then again "taking the Interceptor or Intercep out" does sound really weired hehehe

The HRC ones are meant to be stuck on the wheels

The web address refers to restaurant I own - advertising for me I guess ;and the rest of the brands are just for fun.

The "dual CBS" I have on at the moment is not the original but ones I made while my bike was being painted. I took the forks out to be polished. I made these ones that are coated with enamel with the honda word "red" just waiting for the words to fall off (after a few wash) this one before I stick the new ones on.

By the way I love the pictures you have pasted particularly the one with two identical looking bikes... awesome! I have yet to see this colour scheme here in Malaysia. don't think can find a "twin" to take pictures with.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:57 AM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can actually make your own reg plate? We have to order them from the vehicle registration agency (very cheap thou, and ugly...) I can imagine a few people could get offended by the "Hurricane" name, since a significant number of people in for ex. USA had their homes destroyed and loved ones killed by hurricanes (the weather phenomena, not the bike). Honda probably decided that it didn´t help when selling bikes. About your resturant, this is exactly what I mean, if you have a personal interest in advertising for something, you should! Having your resturant web address on such a beautiful bike will probably get it noticed! Maybe the guy who painted your bike (or did you do it yourself?) have a sticker or a artist/company name you can put on, since he did an awesome job!

I had a look at your resturant web page, it made me drool... I promise to visit it if I ever get to Kuala Lumpur!
BTW, on the pic of you on your bike, you look kinda small and light, no offense mate! You should not do anything to make the bike heavier to flip from side to side, like having such a wide rear tire as 190, put a 170, max 180 on when you change.

`Bout the "twin", yeah, it was surprising for me to. When I first saw it, I thoght -"Who the f**k has moved my bike?", and then I saw my bike where I had left it, so I threw my riding gear on and hurried over to the twin, since it´s owner also was about to leave. Got to take the pic with my mobile phone, but I got fog on the lense, since I had it in my inner pocket on a very hot evening (for Sweden that is...)

Cheers mate!

Old 11-16-2006, 11:26 AM

Yup you can actually make your own reg plate here but problem is traffic cops tend to stop and hassle you even when it is according to specifications. I remember when I was living in New Zealand if you lost your plate for whatever reason then new plates are given to you complete with a brand new registration number. So plates there are really unique except for personalize plates.

Yeah do come and visit me when you are in KL, I have a lot of tourist customers from Sweeden. BTW thats my girlfriend on the bike.. she looks better on the bike then me. but she's a good pillion (only 41kgs) . I have already change the tyres as of today put a set of Metzelers Z6 front (120) and rear (180). Yup 180s handles like a dream. Almost feels like the bike is a lot lighter. Fliping and flooping came very instantaneously.

Classic Picture dude..... btw... I notice on that 'twin' picture the white part look grey....

Cheers

Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 AM

Stickers are finally on...... tried to make it as subttle as possible

cheers all

Name:  P1030236.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  104.8 KB

Name:  P1030519.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  P1030556.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  110.8 KB

Old 11-20-2006, 02:25 PM

Where did you get those frame sliders? How much were they?

MDFF

Old 11-20-2006, 10:05 PM

Someone else asked me this question..... scroll up and you will find the answer cost me bout SGD 100

Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 PM

Thanks, I should have looked first.

MDFF

Quick Reply: Finally My Paintjob is done - Sticker Reccomendations? - NEWBIE