CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Finally My Paintjob is done - Sticker Reccomendations? - NEWBIE

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:28 AM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally My Paintjob is done - Sticker Reccomendations? - NEWBIE

Hey:

Looks real nice, that takes alot of work and alot of patiences. I am glad it turned out so well for you.
What more stickes would you to put on than you already have, as I think imho it would start to get cluttered, unless you are looking for trim stickers for the wheels or such? Ebay or you home buds can help you out very well if there is something more you desire. Stay safe and kudos on a job well done...

Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 PM
October 2009 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations to your superb choise of colour scheme! I have to agree with those who think you should cool down with the stickers, although I liked the "HRC" one. Did you figure out the colour codes? I think you asked me ´bout them in another thread, but you had already painted it before I could answer you. I hope the light colour is silver on your bike!
BTW, it looks great!

Old 11-01-2006, 09:41 PM

Yup I did ask you but I think you were away somewhere and could not reply. Anyway a few guys PM'ed me.

I don't think it was the right colours as the maroon red seems a bit dark but overall it turned out really nice. It has a somewhat classy look. I got the whole thing Airbrushed.

Perhaps you can share some photos of your bike with me. I have a whole collection that I downloaded from the net.

cheers

Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 AM

Hey Madkawa - Love the paintjob, especially since it's the same colour-scheme as my 96 model. But damn yours looks heaps better than the standard Honda stickers!

Anyway, quick question - where did you get the frame-sliders (frame/fairing protectors) that fit the CBR1000F? I'd love to get some but haven't been able to source any that fit the old girl

Old 11-07-2006, 11:02 AM

Hi StrontiumSteel

thanks, yeah your colour scheme which i believe is 95 red, white, blue, black with the hand rail red, was my original choice but I opted for the 96/97 maroon,black,grey and white with black handle bar. which i thought was classier.

The standard honda stickers is Air brushed ie ones one the tank, CBR on the side, 1000F at the back (but I made the 1000f slightly smaller) coz i think it will look better.

I bought the frame sliders from a shop called Regina in Singapore from one of my trips. there is a email address ie daveglo94@yahoo.com.sg (tel +65 6295 5449 fax +65 6295 5433) I don't think they have a website. They are standard frame sliders that can fit on most bikes. I got these "mushrooms" because they are a little longer than usual. I've seen many of m@y biking mates fall, crash and drop the bike to take any chances. Hey you can share some pics of your bike? much appreciated if you can send to my email to me at chying88@streamyx.com

By the way how did you paste a thumbnail of your bike by your call name?

Another question probably to MDFIREFIGHTER, how do you actually place the full pics in your post? I keep getting embedded thumbnails

Thanks

Old 11-08-2006, 03:53 AM

Thanks for the info - I'll check 'em out. As for piccies of my bike I've just had a bit of a look and I've got very few good ones. Pretty sad since I've owned the bike for over three years and done 50,000k's on it. I promise to get some better ones over the next few weeks but here's some for now:

(that's if this upload works)

[IMG]local://upfiles/12216/1D6155171B54405B9FB9AE75E0D6CEDF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12216/0B5F8FD9707248DD9362646C3668D6D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12216/08469DE6D4504BDF9807501EE8A71056.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 AM

Wow, very well kept, body work stilll looks good. and nice corbin seats. Btw can you get corbin seats down under? Looks really good with the colour scheme. I always wondered how it will look, now I know. How much did they cost you? Do you still have the original seat or if and when you do sell the bike, you can offer it to me eh?

cheers

Old 11-08-2006, 12:34 PM

StrontiumSteel, how does your Ducati differ from the CBR as far as ride/power/comfort/handling? what do you use each bike for? just curious, every now and then I toss around the idea of buying one.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:00 AM

Hey madkawa. Actually the seat's a custom made one by a local motor-trimmer in a town nearby (MJM Motor Trimming in Goulburn for those of you in Oz). I thought long and hard about getting a Corbin, but after hearing some horror stories about warranty issues if you don't live in the US, and or course the huge price, I decided to look around some of the local trimmers. I'd almost given up hope and bought a Corbin, but then I found a little local shop that rebuilds your seat to your specs. Mick at MJM got both myself and my wife to sit on the bike and ride it and he then designed the seat from our seating positions. It's just fantastic and made a very comfortable bike even better!

Chesting, unfortunately the Ducati ST4 was a friend of minds bike. I did get to take it for a ride and it handled a bit better than the CBR, had much more power down low, but once you got the CBR's motor spinning I'd pull away from the Duc - especially if we were both two-up with luggage. The CBR is also more comfortable. My friend sold the Duc not long after I took that photo because of the insane cost of running the thing ($2000AU for a service!). He's now got an SV650S which he loves.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:54 AM

Got me stickers done

now gotta wait for a fine day when its not raining to stick them on

Quick Reply: Finally My Paintjob is done - Sticker Reccomendations? - NEWBIE