CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Fellow 1000F Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fellow 1000F Owners

Hey Guys!!

New to the forum and wanted to let you know how excited I am that it is here! I purchased my 90 1000F a little over 4 weeks ago and I have learned more about my bike in the two hours that I have been reviewing your posts than the four weeks I have been riding it...so THANKS!

I am realizing that finding parts for my bike isn't as easy I thought it was going to be. For example, where in the world do I find a Zero Gravity Windshield?? Most of the sites that I have been on don't sell one for my year...

Any comments on the Corbin seat...the stock seat would be tough to beat because in my opinion it is already hella comfortable!

I did find this pretty cool website...I just loved the microfiche: http://216.37.204.206/Mcmart/Honda_OEM/HondaMC.asp

Anyway...thanks again!

Old 07-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Fellow 1000F Owners

Congratulations! Welcome aboard!

I do have a Corbin gun fighter seat on my '88. It sits lower than the stock seat because it has less padding, but it's wider. So there's less pressure on your rear because it's spread out more. I just did a group ride to Hollister and back last Saturday from Clovis/Fresno. It was about 140 miles one way. We came back the long way, which was slower, because of the roads condition. I was never able to ride that far or long on my other Hurricane that had the stock seat. It’s just something for you to consider. Good luck with your new bike!

Bob

Old 07-10-2005, 01:40 AM

My Corbin is great on my butt, but it kills my lower back. The stock seat is the opposite.
The Bill Russell Day long is the best I've used, but it's ugly in my opinion. So for the curves it's
the Corbin, for medium trips it's the stock seat, and when I plan on riding 5-6 hundred miles in
a day it's the Russell. Hope that helps. I wish I had a seat that would do it all well. I think if I
add some jel pad to my Corbin it would be a great seat instead of just a good one. I wouldn't
buy another Corbin unless I could get it fitted for me at the factory. I bought the last one on
their website and they took my height and weight, but in over two years the seat is still hard
as a rock.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:25 AM

Hi from downunder & welcome to the forum.

If you want the best seat do what I did. I got mine re-shaped. I made a small dished out section at the rear of the rider part and adished out part on the pillion. This stops ya sliding back too much. Then I had foam put on the sides to make it wider. Now its wide like a Corbin, but with plently of padding.

I also used gel padding in the seat.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:13 PM

Niceguy check the thread on windscreens, I posted a linke to Zero Gravity windshields, Givi also sells one as well. I sold my stock seat and only ride with the Corbin, it is more comfertable do to it being wider. I solved the back and wrist pain with a set of Genmar risers.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:45 PM

I have seen the corbin seats and to me they are just plain ugly. Ewww... That is just personal opinion though. I'm sure they are comfortable though!! I just don't like the look of them. I would probably be happier with a more comfortable seat on the long rides, but I often wonder if they will hinder sliding off the seat in the twisties... Does this affect u guys while riding hard???

Niceguy, I have a Speedscreen on my CBR and it seems to be fine, and I know you can still get them. Now you have me curious what the Zero Gravitys looked like. If they have any resemblence to the one that was on my buddies Katana, I don't like them! They are usually really tall and square. I prefer a little shorter screen, tinted, that you can tuck down under when squidly riding. Heheheh, of course I don't do that sort of thing so I'm just posing with it. Dang I just can't win. So if I get my bike Dyno'd does that make me a squidlier person too?? Hahahahaha.. Post a picture Niceguy, I'd like to see ur ride.