CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Dumb computer question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help with that Steve. I attached them to the post in this thread, maybe I should have posted them in the vfr bar one.

Maybe I should have also edited my profile to something like.."Love long walks on the beach, ABBA, flower arranging, romantic dinners" etc...Then I definately wouldn't have got any help!

Sprockaholic: Clay shoot was good fun, really nice sunny day and about eighty people with 12g shotties. Hard not to enjoy that! Mind you the young bloke handed me my **** on a plate, and aren't I hearing about it!!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, looks like you got them up good, now...

Sprockaholic: Clay shoot was good fun, really nice sunny day and about eighty people with 12g shotties. Hard not to enjoy that! Mind you the young bloke handed me my **** on a plate, and aren't I hearing about it!!
They are fun, aren't they? I need to get out some time next week and have a go at it.
Sounds like maybe you need to sneak out and practice.. lol..

Old 07-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Ha ha... you guys are too much...

The 10yr old is into Tae Kwan Do. He's dam good, too. He was tearin' it up at the last sparring event.
He tried to pull a roundhouse on me at K-mart one time, though, and I grabbed his foot and swept his silly *** to the floor.
I hope he doesn't get to be my size, though... cuz paybacks a beeaatch.. lol..

My lads into that, taking his black belt hopefully in November, he's 12 but tall for his age and spars with adults so you have to have your wits about you.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default good fun indeed

Yep, looks like you got them up good, now...

They are fun, aren't they? I need to get out some time next week and have a go at it.
Sounds like maybe you need to sneak out and practice.. lol..
I went to practice Sunday but the Club I belong to screwed up my
sub and my card was zeroed out so I could not get in......wuz bummed
out...............

All fixed now .....Friday ..........om going .....bringing the whole rack with me !

Need to design a rack for the 'Cane LOL

Last edited by Sprock; 07-20-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Administrator - Retired

My lads into that, taking his black belt hopefully in November, he's 12 but tall for his age and spars with adults so you have to have your wits about you.
Yep, my boy's a brown belt, too. Not sure when he's testing for his black. He's got some stuff to do before he's ready. He's been reading an asian philosophy book, too, and it's cool to see him getting into it. I always loved asian philosophy in school.
I like when he's sparring someone he doesn't like. He gets all pumped up, and man is he quick! It actually gets the crowd into it... neat stuff..

Old 07-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator - Retired

Sprock, it sucks you got held out. I need to check my membership card, too, make sure my dues are paid.

As far as a gun rack for the 'Cane, we were talking about this very thing a few months ago... I want something I can have mounted to the side...up front.. that I can pull when riding....

Old 07-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by davethepom
They'd have to be modified to fit and wouldn't look as good as my originals so I'll send them back and look into Genmars, first raising the clamps to try.
I have GenMar risers and I am not 100% happy with them. I like the rise but I still don’t like the way the bars angle back and down. If I grab the bar and touch my index finger with the tip of my thumb (making the ‘OK’ sign) and then clenching my other three fingers and resting my finger nails on the bar, that is where I would like to be. Two days ago I did a 376-mile ride. I did about 50 mile in the woods on some steep up and down dirt roads that were quite slippery. My hands are still sore on the three end fingers on each hand from the grip angles. Those VFR bars look interesting because of the fact that the bars are set back in the clamps. I can’t push mine forward (I tried yesterday) because they will hit the windscreen, where as the VFR ones may not. Also, if the ends were higher that would be a plus.

With the GenMar risers, you are rising the clamp and not getting the full clamping pressure and need to align the old tab to the hole in the riser, the raises has a hex bolt in the bottom that aligns with the slot that the old tab went into. This way the bars will not rotate when let’s say lifting the bike. You should have the full clamping pressure with the VFR bars and should be able to cut the tabs off and rotate the bars to where you want them.

If I were you, I would try to raise the bars before sending the VFR bars back just in case you change your mind.

Now you have me thinking about VFR bars. My old hands can’t take the pull back of what I have now.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sprock, it sucks you got held out. I need to check my membership card, too, make sure my dues are paid.

As far as a gun rack for the 'Cane, we were talking about this very thing a few months ago... I want something I can have mounted to the side...up front.. that I can pull when riding....

Kinda like the Magnificent 7, or if riding with Classic and Shadow (The Bad and the Ugly)

Old 07-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Administrator - Retired

Timbuctwo, I have the Genmars, too, and I know exactly what you're saying. I don't think it would take a whole lot, either, just a few degrees to make a big difference.

Sprock, which one's bad and which one's ugly? I can't tell.

Quick Reply: Dumb computer question.