CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Did Not Happen

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Not Happen

Okay truly not complaining may have been an oversight. Or maybe something this board just does not do what I'm referring to is when someone relocates a thread. Usually in the original section, where the thread was started. There is a redirect left to the thread in the original section. I'm referring to the bike communications thread that was started here. Maybe not everyone realizes this, but we have a few homebodies hear who are so territorial. They very seldom if ever wander all over the board to see what is out there so a redirect would have been nice. Of course we know, I live in the off-topic section and roam the board at Will

https://cbrforum.com/m_559265/mpage_.../tm.htm#561498

Old 05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Did Not Happen

Yes I wondered where it went, too
Somebody forgot to tell us.......?

Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I would like to think so shadow, unless the software is very different from what I'm use to. under the moderators control panel under the section marked moderate a thread. There should be a tab marked move with options for moving it to another section or to the moderators area for discussion. Along with a second tab marked leave redirect if it is to be relocated to a different section instead of to the moderators area of course it's up to the individual, whether or not to leave the redirect

Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM

Sorry dude, Not sure about redirecting. I did a search on communicators and didnt find anything helpful, so I started a post here. Not sure what I did wrong.....help me out so I dont offend anyone in the future.Guess I get a CBRForum penalty.....hehe

Anyways, I appreciate everyones help on this topic. I think I'm going to try out the Gimoto's. Apert from the small unit being on the helmet, it seems to be the best choice for me. I'm not likin the extra wires to deal with.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 PM

I would have thought that the post had merit, Gunny,and would have been useful to the members........safe comms is a good subject for discussion....?
I had one post redirected in the past, with a polite note from the Moderator as to why, and where it had gone.
This is just a bit strange.........possibly just an oversight......?
Moderators, your comment would help to resolve the confusion.....
Where did our comms post disappear to ?
[X(]
Oh and Gill your post just popped up - please give us a report on the Gimoto's - always good to know what's available. I see the Scala Riders are poorly rated, so maybe we go with Gunny's military option (if we can find them ) and not get arrested....he he

Old 05-05-2008, 01:09 PM

Will do Shadow. When I was speaking with the chap that sells them here, he told me that he just sold 12 of the units to the Coast Guard as they have to wear helmets mandatory now and these bluetooth units worked out perfectly. They are good for 500 meters in an open enviroment, but it automaticlly switches to cell phone once out of range. I think its the best choice for me.

Was there something I did wrong with starting this post? I'm still confused....

Old 05-05-2008, 01:18 PM

Maybe this thread should be relocated to the "Off Topic" section.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol, I do the same thing on SBG HC. But I fully understand what you mean tho. Myself I use the post since last vist thing unless I am completely bored out of my mind then I go aggravate the other model forums lol.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:33 PM

No, Gill old buddy, I think the post was useful as it stimulated a good deal of debate, passing of information, etc. Maybe PacoJ's right (hi Paco) but I've looked in the off topic section and coundn't find it ( but then there's so much s...t up there I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it)
Where did it go ? Technical ? How to ?
I think I'll sulk until somebody talks to me.........[X(][X(]

Old 05-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

No, Gill old buddy, I think the post was useful as it stimulated a good deal of debate, passing of information, etc. Maybe PacoJ's right (hi Paco) but I've looked in the off topic section and coundn't find it ( but then there's so much s...t up there I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it)
Where did it go ? Technical ? How to ?
I think I'll sulk until somebody talks to me.........[X(][X(]

HC posted the link to where the thread was moved on his first post on this thread.

Sorry HC but at least it looks like you found it since you've posted the link to the thread.

Basically as I had posted in another O/T thread, I've been put in charge of relocating threads. Many threads could go in different sections and are just subjective as to where the "best" place for them are and some have really nothing to do with the category they where put in .. I tend to leave alone the ones that could go in different sections and I only try to move the ones that aren't specific to the category they where put in. Not speaking about anyone in particular here but some members have gotten used to posting any thread (regardless of topic) in the part of the forum they are most comfortable with and that tends to create clutter and multiple postings of the same topic (redundancy) in other parts of the board. Worse yet is when the same thread by the same member is posted in multiple sections in which case we as mods have to decide which one was in the best section to begin with and delete the others.

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Somebody forgot to tell us.......?

AFA leaving a trace, sometimes we do that and other times we don't because if we left a trace for every thread moved that would in essence end up with the same clutter. But I get your point and I will try to put traces more often on threads I move. Thanks for understanding.

p.s. Shadow, moderators don't know what anyone other moderators do so we try and answer the first chance we get.

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

I live in the off-topic section and roam the board at Will
Everyone does their own thing and what's easiest and most useful usage of their time for them .. I use the "Today's Post" as it covers every part of the board ... but I did this even before being a mod for this very reason:
Because there are topics that apply to everyone all over the board .. for example people other than 1000f might get use out of a "Bike Communicators" thread and some don't ever go to the 1000f section since they don't own one.

ORIGINAL: GILL

Will do Shadow. When I was speaking with the chap that sells them here, he told me that he just sold 12 of the units to the Coast Guard as they have to wear helmets mandatory now and these bluetooth units worked out perfectly. They are good for 500 meters in an open enviroment, but it automaticlly switches to cell phone once out of range. I think its the best choice for me.

Was there something I did wrong with starting this post? I'm still confused....
[color=#000033]ABSOLUTELY NOT, NO ONE DID ANYTHING WRONG HERE! Only thing we ask of members is to ask yourself when posting where the best category for your thread may be .. if it could go in more than one section pick the one you think is the best fit.

Hopefully I've answered everyones questions without offending anyone. If anyone has any other questions or still confused about anything please feel free to ask .. all member input is appreciated and I'm glad you brought this topic up HC.

and Paco kind of has a point here too! [

Quick Reply: Did Not Happen