CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Changes to our forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Changes to our forum

Steve (Classic) and I have been in discussions with Gregg, our helpful and long-suffering Admin, who has agreed to give us some "stickies" at the top of our page for the stuff we need most often.
(and often can't find)

My question to you is
Which bits need stickies ?

I'd say we need one for "how to's -to store all the step by step stuff,
A place to store finished projects and specific info etc

A Separate " The Workshop " board
For General questions
and mechanical related discussion, as well as spec sheets, where to find part numbers,
workshop manuals, fiches etc

A Separate " Parts for sale or found " board
For parts located , for sale, swap or for free.

A Separate board
For all off topic stuff
Call the off topic the Bucket of Blood Saloon...........? The Blood and Guts Saloon ? What else ?

Main board would be for "heads up" notices to changes in stickies, new member intro's, pics of new bikes and/or members,
crashes, touring, personal advice on anything not covered in the stickies - there'll be plenty. There always is !

Maybe a sticky for "members rides" ?

Let us know what you think in this thread, and we'll put it all together.
This is a great chance to "manage" our information better.

We'll give it a week so everyone can participate, and then make the changes.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRriderNevada
Now can someone tell me what those darn things are that hang down from a saddle that your boots go in? I have a biker joke with sheep being involved, but can't for the life of me remember what those boot placement thingys are called and the joke just isn't a joke with them in the punch line.... Help and old man out, what are those saddle dangaly things called?
stirrups, I think?

also, we need an area for off topic chatter just to bs around with other owners of cbr 1000f's.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Shadow - Thanks for your initiative and work on this.

I'm all for your reccomendations and am thankful for the time you spend on this forum for the benefit of us all.

Thank you.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are not worthy......
I agree with Nevada that if you have too many stickies the forum stops being a forum and turns into an internet manual, I think you covered most things Shadow but what about "Owners Projects" for restorations and restyling projects? (for stuff other than engine work)
Thanks guys for all the unseen work that you do

Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRriderNevada
Shadow, Nick says that those thingys that hang down from a saddle are called sturrips. What do you think Shadow, is that right? I was talking about a biker having sex with a sheep joke. Couldn't do the punch line without knowing the name of those dangaly things. Thanks Nick.
Shadow, help me out here. Biker, sheep sex, knowledge of the name of the saddle danglies. What's that person called? Just ribbin' you Nick... Thanks for the smile you placed on my face this morning....
Shadow what shall we say Nick has done with sheep to know what those things are called?
who needs stirrups for sheep sex?
lol....

Old 04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shadow you have some great ideas , seems good to me

Nevada makes some good points , we have a really nice active section here on this forum . Would be a shame to loose any of that.

Would like to add my thanks to that of NagaThai and Sawnee , for all the work behind the scenes , from both yourself and all the others involved , that makes this a great forum

Quick Reply: Changes to our forum